Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
VIDEO: El-Said’s brace against Contractors sends Al Ahly top
A brace from Abdallah El-Said and a goal from Momen Zakaria secured Al Ahly a 3-1 win over struggling Arab Contractors in the 13th round of the Egyptian Premier league, putting the Red Castle on top of the league table.
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Mohamed Hany, Rami Rabia, Mohamed Naguib, Sabry Rahil; Ahmed Fathi, Abdallah El-Said, Saleh Gomaa, Momen Zakaria, Ramadan Sobhy; Malick Evouna.
Arab Contractors XI: Hassan Shaheen; Ahmed Ali, Mohamed Samir, Rami Adel, Ahmed Mody; Ali Rabo, Mohamed Shaaban, Karim Mostafa, Didier, Karim El-Deeb; Taher Mohamed Taher.
Momen Zakaria opened the scoring in the 14th minute as he pounced on a loose ball after Contractor’s keeper Hassan Shaheen failed to catch it.
Five minutes later, Al Ahly were close to double their lead, but Evouna’s powerful header was deflected to a corner by Shaheen.
Contractors’ Ahmed Ali failed to equalize from a strong shot in the 40th minute, as Sabry Rahil intervened and converted the ball into a corner.
Evouna wasted a second scoring chance in the 43rd minute, as his header from Ramadan Sobhy went wide of Shaheen’s goal, ending the first half 1-0 for Al Ahly.
Four minutes into the second half, Amr Gamal came on as a substitute for injured Malick Evouna.
Few minutes later, the referee awarded the Red Devils a penalty for a foul inside the box by Ahmed Ali against Saleh Gomaa. Abdallah El-Said stepped up to take it from the spot, to double Al Ahly’s lead in the 53rd minute.
El-Said scored his second goal in the game in the 74th minute with a powerful shot from outside the box, after receiving a pass from Saleh Gomaa.
Three minutes after the third goal, striker Ahmed El-Sheikh came on to replace Ramadan Sobhy, recording his first official appearance with Al Ahly. In the 82nd minute, Al Ahly youngster Ahmed Hamdy replaced Saleh Gomaa, who was involved in two of the goals.
One minute to full time, Contractors were awarded a penalty after a foul by Rami Rabia. Sherif Ashraf scored from the spot to make the scoreline 3-1.
In the injury time, Contractors’ Karim El-Deeb was sent off the pitch after receiving the second yellow card.
Al Ahly and Al Masry currently top the Egyptian Premier League table as each of them collected 25 points. The Red Castle however played one game less than Al Masry.
Contractors remained in the 15th place with eight points from 13 games. They are set to face Wadi Degla on Friday while Al Ahly will play against Dakhleya on Thursday.