Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
VIDEO: AC Milan hold AS Roma to draw
The Gillarossi hosted AC Milan in what was a highly anticipated encounter. Prior to the match, Roma were with at 33 points while beneath were AC Milan with 28 points.
A victory for AS Roma meant 36 points which would equal to title defenders, Juventus.
The first half began bright and promising for Roma as young center back Rüdiger opened the scoring in the fourth minute.
The first half went on with slight pressure from both sides but no threatening attempts on goal.
With Roma looking favorites to carry out the match, Milan proved otherwise in the second half.
Just five minutes after the second half began, Juraj Kučka scored from a beautiful header after an extremely well played counter attack by Milan, with the assist coming from Japanese international, Keisuke Honda.
French manager Rudi Garcia looked to respond quickly and brought on Egypt international, Mohamed Salah, who replaced Iago Falque in hopes to turn things around.
With constant pressure from AC Milan, and a few shots coming off the cross bar, Mohamed Salah struggled to have any impact at all.
The second half went on with danger coming from Carlos Bacca and recently returned, Kevin Prince Boateng who showed great promise since his entering into the match.
Another disappointing performance by Roma keeps them in 5th with 34 points. Roma’s next match is against Hellas Verona in the Serie A.