Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Egypt’s Bassiouny crowned Sparkasse-VGH-Cup Champion
Egypt’s Mohamed ‘Momo’ Bassiouny was crowned Sparkasse & VGH Cup Champion in Göttingen with his club FK Austria Wien.
Bassiouny participated in the U-19 competition with his club, alongside several European heavyweights such as Schalke 04, Hamburg, Fulham FC, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Herta Berlin.
Momo’s Austria Wien qualified in second place to the quarter-finals, with Schalke 04 winning the group. The Egypt-eligible player had managed to score twice in the group stages against Göttingen as well as scoring once against Mainz.
After a draw was made for the quarter-final, Wien were to face Schalke again, beating them 3-2, with Bassiouny assisting one of the three goals.
Following another draw, Austria Wien faced German club Bayer Leverkusen, coming out winners, beating them 4-2.
In the final, Momo’s side came up against Borussia Mönchengladbach, beating them 3-1 and successfully winning the cup for the third time in a row.
Bassiouny confirmed to KingFut.com that he was contacted by scouts from Fußball-Club Kaiserslautern, who were impressed by his performances at the competition.