KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Egypt’s Bassiouny crowned Sparkasse-VGH-Cup Champion
Egypt’s Mohamed ‘Momo’ Bassiouny was crowned Sparkasse & VGH Cup Champion in Göttingen with his club FK Austria Wien.
Bassiouny participated in the U-19 competition with his club, alongside several European heavyweights such as Schalke 04, Hamburg, Fulham FC, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Herta Berlin.
Momo’s Austria Wien qualified in second place to the quarter-finals, with Schalke 04 winning the group. The Egypt-eligible player had managed to score twice in the group stages against Göttingen as well as scoring once against Mainz.
After a draw was made for the quarter-final, Wien were to face Schalke again, beating them 3-2, with Bassiouny assisting one of the three goals.
Following another draw, Austria Wien faced German club Bayer Leverkusen, coming out winners, beating them 4-2.
In the final, Momo’s side came up against Borussia Mönchengladbach, beating them 3-1 and successfully winning the cup for the third time in a row.
Bassiouny confirmed to KingFut.com that he was contacted by scouts from Fußball-Club Kaiserslautern, who were impressed by his performances at the competition.