The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
Egypt’s Bassiouny crowned Sparkasse-VGH-Cup Champion
Egypt’s Mohamed ‘Momo’ Bassiouny was crowned Sparkasse & VGH Cup Champion in Göttingen with his club FK Austria Wien.
Bassiouny participated in the U-19 competition with his club, alongside several European heavyweights such as Schalke 04, Hamburg, Fulham FC, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Herta Berlin.
Momo’s Austria Wien qualified in second place to the quarter-finals, with Schalke 04 winning the group. The Egypt-eligible player had managed to score twice in the group stages against Göttingen as well as scoring once against Mainz.
After a draw was made for the quarter-final, Wien were to face Schalke again, beating them 3-2, with Bassiouny assisting one of the three goals.
Following another draw, Austria Wien faced German club Bayer Leverkusen, coming out winners, beating them 4-2.
In the final, Momo’s side came up against Borussia Mönchengladbach, beating them 3-1 and successfully winning the cup for the third time in a row.
Bassiouny confirmed to KingFut.com that he was contacted by scouts from Fußball-Club Kaiserslautern, who were impressed by his performances at the competition.