KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Egypt’s Bassiouny crowned Sparkasse-VGH-Cup Champion
Egypt’s Mohamed ‘Momo’ Bassiouny was crowned Sparkasse & VGH Cup Champion in Göttingen with his club FK Austria Wien.
Bassiouny participated in the U-19 competition with his club, alongside several European heavyweights such as Schalke 04, Hamburg, Fulham FC, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Herta Berlin.
Momo’s Austria Wien qualified in second place to the quarter-finals, with Schalke 04 winning the group. The Egypt-eligible player had managed to score twice in the group stages against Göttingen as well as scoring once against Mainz.
After a draw was made for the quarter-final, Wien were to face Schalke again, beating them 3-2, with Bassiouny assisting one of the three goals.
Following another draw, Austria Wien faced German club Bayer Leverkusen, coming out winners, beating them 4-2.
In the final, Momo’s side came up against Borussia Mönchengladbach, beating them 3-1 and successfully winning the cup for the third time in a row.
Bassiouny confirmed to KingFut.com that he was contacted by scouts from Fußball-Club Kaiserslautern, who were impressed by his performances at the competition.