Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Egypt’s Bassiouny crowned Sparkasse-VGH-Cup Champion
Egypt’s Mohamed ‘Momo’ Bassiouny was crowned Sparkasse & VGH Cup Champion in Göttingen with his club FK Austria Wien.
Bassiouny participated in the U-19 competition with his club, alongside several European heavyweights such as Schalke 04, Hamburg, Fulham FC, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Herta Berlin.
Momo’s Austria Wien qualified in second place to the quarter-finals, with Schalke 04 winning the group. The Egypt-eligible player had managed to score twice in the group stages against Göttingen as well as scoring once against Mainz.
After a draw was made for the quarter-final, Wien were to face Schalke again, beating them 3-2, with Bassiouny assisting one of the three goals.
Following another draw, Austria Wien faced German club Bayer Leverkusen, coming out winners, beating them 4-2.
In the final, Momo’s side came up against Borussia Mönchengladbach, beating them 3-1 and successfully winning the cup for the third time in a row.
Bassiouny confirmed to KingFut.com that he was contacted by scouts from Fußball-Club Kaiserslautern, who were impressed by his performances at the competition.