KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Ghazal’s Nacional lose 4-1 to Benfica
The match was scheduled for Sunday, but got abandoned after eight minutes due to heavy fog which forced the game to be postponed to Monday morning. The match resumed at the Estadio da Madeira on Monday starting from the eighth minute.
Benfica were in fine form starting the match launching a counter attack in the first few minutes, but Madeira’s keeper managed to get hold of the ball.
Ghazal and his teammates were a goal down in the first 23 minutes after a cross from Carcela Mehdi which Jonas put inside the net. The first half finished with Nacional trailing 0-1 at home.
The second half started and after five minutes Soares managed to equalize for Nacional after Benfica’s defence failed to clear the ball from inside the box.
Things didn’t stay level for long as just after six minutes, Jonas scored the second goal and gave the lead to Benfica after a Raul Jimenez cross from the left side that Jonas put in first time.
Jonas then headed in his third goal in the 63rd minute earning himself a hat trick for his impressive performance. Nacional’s Soares tried to score his second goal in the 76th minute after a Benfica defender passed the ball to him, but his shot was off target.
Substitute Kostas Mitroglou then managed to score the fourth goal for Benfica in the 89th minute. It’s worth noting that Nacional lie in 13th place with 17 points, while Benfica are second with 40 points.