After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Pepe Mel sacked by Amro Tarek’s Real Betis
Real Betis manager Pepe Mel has been sacked yet again by the club, in the aftermath of his side’s defeat against Getafe on Saturday.
The following statement was released by Real Betis on their official website:
“The Administration Board of Real Betis Balompié has decided to dismiss Mister José Mel Pérez [Pepe Mel] as manager of the first team. Real Betis Balompié would like to thank Mel for all the services given to the Club and wishes him all the best in the future.”
Pepe Mel was first hired by Betis back in 2010 after being sacked by Rayo Vallcano, and he carried the Andalusians to 7th place in the 2012-2013 La Liga season.
He was sacked halfway through the following season after achieving poor results, and signed for English club West Bromich Albion shortly afterwards as Betis dropped into the Segunda division.
Pepe left Albion on in May 2014, before returning to Real Betis in December. He then coached the Beticos to promotion to La Liga.
Betis have failed to win any of their last eight matches in all competitions, and are on a three-match losing streak in La Liga.
Betis have not yet appointed a replacement for Mel, ahead of their Seville derby clash in the Copa del Rey round of sixteen.