A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Pepe Mel sacked by Amro Tarek’s Real Betis
Real Betis manager Pepe Mel has been sacked yet again by the club, in the aftermath of his side’s defeat against Getafe on Saturday.
The following statement was released by Real Betis on their official website:
“The Administration Board of Real Betis Balompié has decided to dismiss Mister José Mel Pérez [Pepe Mel] as manager of the first team. Real Betis Balompié would like to thank Mel for all the services given to the Club and wishes him all the best in the future.”
Pepe Mel was first hired by Betis back in 2010 after being sacked by Rayo Vallcano, and he carried the Andalusians to 7th place in the 2012-2013 La Liga season.
He was sacked halfway through the following season after achieving poor results, and signed for English club West Bromich Albion shortly afterwards as Betis dropped into the Segunda division.
Pepe left Albion on in May 2014, before returning to Real Betis in December. He then coached the Beticos to promotion to La Liga.
Betis have failed to win any of their last eight matches in all competitions, and are on a three-match losing streak in La Liga.
Betis have not yet appointed a replacement for Mel, ahead of their Seville derby clash in the Copa del Rey round of sixteen.