Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Egypt U-20 team to face Algeria in pair of friendlies
The Egyptian Under-20 National team will play two friendlies against Algeria at the end of the month according to the Algerian Football Federation. Algerian FA president Mohamed Raouraoua announced the information during a press conference earlier this week, adding that both matches will take place in Algeria.
The friendlies will serve as preparation for both sides as they prepare for the 2017 African U-20 Championship qualifiers. While CAF has not yet released details on the qualification process, the first round of qualifiers is expected to start in April.
Last month, Egypt’s Under-20 coach Moatemed Gamal called up 26 players for a week-long training camp at the FIFA Goal Programme Technical Centre in the 6th of October City in Giza. The camp was was capped off with a friendly match against the youth team of a second division side.
Gamal’s side also played a pair of friendlies on the road against Sudan in November, as well as another friendly against Tunisia in Alexandria in September.
The Egyptian Under-20 team will look to bounce back after a disappointing showing in 2015 in which it failed to qualify for African U-20 Championship in Senegal after falling to Congo in the second of qualifiers. In 2013, after winning the 2013 edition, led by a talented generation of youngsters featuring the likes of Kahraba, Saleh Gomaa and Ramy Rabia, won the 2013 Africa U-20 Championship and narrowly missed out on the knock-out stage of the U-20 World Cup.