Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Hasi: Trezeguet still needs to develop
Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi spoke about Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, praising his work ethic and discussing how he fits in the team’s plans.
Trezeguet had initially joined RSC Anderlecht in early August 2015 on a loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the 2015-2016 season.
The young Egyptian then struggled with getting time on the pitch after he initially faced visa problems while also spurting some controversy due to a picture he posted on Instagram.
Visa problems and controversy, however, were the least of his issues having suffered a shoulder injury that was supposedly going to keep him off the pitch for at least to 6 weeks before revealing he had to have a surgery on said shoulder. The injury kept him sidelined from October till early January.
Following his debut, Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi made a few comments about him. Hasi said that he has the required skill set and speed as well as having a bright future ahead of him while maintaining that the Egyptian needs to showcase his talent in the coming period.
Hasi spoke once again about Trezeguet, speaking to Anderlecht Online. The Albanian manager spoke with praise about the young winger’s work ethic, saying: “He is very motivated. He would even play as a goalkeeper if I asked him to.”
He then talked about how he thinks Trezeguet will fit in his teams squad and how he plans to use him: “His best position is on the left wing but Praet is a key player on the left. He might play on the right wing. Together with Lukebakio he is close to a spot in the squad, it is only a matter of time.”
“We should not put too much pressure on them. They still need to develop themselves. Trézéguet should learn not to fall after every single contact and then roll further for another three meters. He will soon notice how it is to play in Belgium,” he added.
Anderlecht are currently standing second in the league table, only 2 points behind first-placed Gent. They will also be facing Olympiakos in the 32nd round of the Europa League after finishing second in their group.