AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
MK Dons renew interest in Sam Morsy, clubs circle
MK Dons have renewed their pursuit of Chesterfield captain Sam Morsy after a number of clubs showed their interest.
MK Dons have renewed their interest in signing the Egypt-eligible midfielder from League One side Chesterfield after Dons manager Karl Robinson said he still wants him.
The Milton Keynes based club made two bids for the 24-year-old last summer, one for £150,000 and the second for £400,000, both of which were swiftly rejected.
League One clubs Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield United have also shown interest in Samy, however he has expressed his desire to play in the Championship.
Sam Morsy joined Chesterfield in the summer of 2013 and was a major catalyst in helping their promotion bid to League One.
Last season he was awarded captaincy and has gone on to play nearly a century of games for the club.
It is also worth noting that Morsy becomes a free agent in the summer meaning MK Dons will be reluctant to pay a lot now for his services.
Morsy has previously expressed his desire to represent Egypt in an interview with KingFut.