KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
OFFICIAL: Newcastle United sign Senegal’s Henri Saivet
Newcastle United have officially completed the signing of the central midfielder Henri Saivet from Bordeaux for an undisclosed fee.
Newcastle United have boosted their midfield with the signing of Henri Saivet, after securing him on a five-and-a-half-year deal which will see the player at St. James Park until 2021.
The 25-year-old central midfielder has showed his excitement by saying, “I am very happy to be at Newcastle. I am really excited and I can’t wait to start a new challenge and it is an honor to play for a club like Newcastle United.”
He continued to praise the northern English club and said, “St. James Park stadium is exciting and impressive and I am looking forward to follow up with the players and start with them fighting for the team to move up in the table.”
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren expressed his delight at signing the Senegalese midfielder saying, “Saivet has done a great job at Bordeaux and Newcastle has been following him for a while.”
He concluded in saying, “He is a great tough player with a good mentality, in which also he is a winner and these are the key attributes you look for to play in the English Premier League and we are excited for him to play for Newcastle United.”
Henri Saivet made 178 appearances for Bordeaux, scoring 23 goals in all competitions since his debut in 2007 with the club, and featured against Newcastle United in both the home and away group stage fixtures in the Europa league 2012/2013.