Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Six Egyptians through to quarter-finals of squash ‘Tournament of Champions’
Six Egyptians reached the quarter-finals stage of the 2016 JP Morgan squash ‘Tournament of Champions.’
Egyptian men Omar Mosaad, Mohamed and Marwan Elshorbagy have all qualified into the quarter-finals, while Nour El Sherbini, Omneya Abdel Kawy and 18-year old Nouran Gohar made it into the women’s quarter-finals.
In the men’s tournament Omar Mosaad known as ‘The Hammer of Thor’ defeated Frenchman Lucas Serme 3-0 in the first round and Swiss Nicholas Mueller 3-1 in the second round.
Mohamed Elshorbagy breezed past his opponents beating Englishman Adrian Waller 3-0 in the first round and Australian Cameron Pilley 3-0 in the second round. Elshorbagy is set to face fellow country man Omar Mosaad in the quarter-final.
It is worth mentioning that Elshorbagy’s second opponent Cameron Pilley had eliminated Egyptian Tarek Momen in the first round.
Marwan Elshorbagy had an easy path to the quarter-finals as well, defeating Mexican Cezar Salazar 3-0 in the first round and Australian Ryan Cuskelly 3-0 in the second round. Marwan is set to face world number three Englishman Nick Matthew. Matthew defeated Egyptian Karim Abd El Gawad 3-0 in the second round.
In the women’s tournament Nour El Sherbini is set to face French woman and world number four Camille Serme in the quarter-final after defeating Samantha Teran 3-0 in the first round and compatriot Mariam Metwally 3-0 in the second round.
Omneya is set for the toughest match of the tournament as she is to face Malaysian world number three Nicol David with the winner to face the winner from Serme and Sherbini.
Omneya had a tough first round match against Malaysian Low Wee Wern but came out on top and defeated her 3-2. In the second round Omneya defeated Indian Joshna Chinappa 3-0. Chinappa had eliminated Egyptian Kanzy El Dafrawy after beating her 3-2 in the first round.
Finally, our youngest talent Nouran Gohar is set to face world number one Laura Massaro. Nouran had an all Egyptian path to the quarter finals as she faced and defeated Yathreb Adel 3-0 in the first round and Heba El Torky 3-0 in the second round.