Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Court postpones appeal against dissolving Al Ahly board
Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court has decided to postpone Al Ahly’s appeal against dissolving the club’s board.
The appeal against the previous court ruling to dissolve the club’s board has been rejected by The Egyptian Administrative Court. Al Ahly board members, however, submitted another appeal to Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court who decided to postpone it until 17 January.
If the appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court also gets rejected, it would be the first time in the history of Al Ahly that the board of directors get dissolved by a ruling such as this.
The Club’s board is waiting for a reply from Minister of Youth and Sports, Khaled Abdel-Aziz, regarding the legitimacy of the board and whether they should dismantle right away or stay put until the time of the appeal ruling on 17 January.
Al Ahly chairman, Mahmoud Taher, has previously expressed his respect for the judicial rulings and stressed that the board didn’t commit any errors and were chosen in a free and fair elections.