Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Court postpones appeal against dissolving Al Ahly board
The appeal against the previous court ruling to dissolve the club’s board has been rejected by The Egyptian Administrative Court. Al Ahly board members, however, submitted another appeal to Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court who decided to postpone it until 17 January.
If the appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court also gets rejected, it would be the first time in the history of Al Ahly that the board of directors get dissolved by a ruling such as this.
The Club’s board is waiting for a reply from Minister of Youth and Sports, Khaled Abdel-Aziz, regarding the legitimacy of the board and whether they should dismantle right away or stay put until the time of the appeal ruling on 17 January.
Al Ahly chairman, Mahmoud Taher, has previously expressed his respect for the judicial rulings and stressed that the board didn’t commit any errors and were chosen in a free and fair elections.