Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Court postpones appeal against dissolving Al Ahly board
Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court has decided to postpone Al Ahly’s appeal against dissolving the club’s board.
The appeal against the previous court ruling to dissolve the club’s board has been rejected by The Egyptian Administrative Court. Al Ahly board members, however, submitted another appeal to Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court who decided to postpone it until 17 January.
If the appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court also gets rejected, it would be the first time in the history of Al Ahly that the board of directors get dissolved by a ruling such as this.
The Club’s board is waiting for a reply from Minister of Youth and Sports, Khaled Abdel-Aziz, regarding the legitimacy of the board and whether they should dismantle right away or stay put until the time of the appeal ruling on 17 January.
Al Ahly chairman, Mahmoud Taher, has previously expressed his respect for the judicial rulings and stressed that the board didn’t commit any errors and were chosen in a free and fair elections.