KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Court postpones appeal against dissolving Al Ahly board
The appeal against the previous court ruling to dissolve the club’s board has been rejected by The Egyptian Administrative Court. Al Ahly board members, however, submitted another appeal to Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court who decided to postpone it until 17 January.
If the appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court also gets rejected, it would be the first time in the history of Al Ahly that the board of directors get dissolved by a ruling such as this.
The Club’s board is waiting for a reply from Minister of Youth and Sports, Khaled Abdel-Aziz, regarding the legitimacy of the board and whether they should dismantle right away or stay put until the time of the appeal ruling on 17 January.
Al Ahly chairman, Mahmoud Taher, has previously expressed his respect for the judicial rulings and stressed that the board didn’t commit any errors and were chosen in a free and fair elections.