Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Egypt volleyball team qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
The Egyptian volleyball team have qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics after winning the African Olympic Qualifiers.
The Pharaohs dominated the whole tournament, which was held in Brazzaville. Egypt came out on top of Group A, defeating hosts Congo 3-1 and fellow Arabs, Tunisia, 3-0 to face Group B runners-up Cameroon in the semi-finals.
Egypt defeated Cameroon 3-2 on Monday and met Tunisia again in the final after Tunisia defeating rivals, Algeria, 3-1 in the semi-finals. The Egyptians put on a very strong performance Egypt defeated Tunisia 3-2 on sets.
During the final Egypt won the first set 25-19, then lost the second 20-25 but managed to come back again to win the third set 25-18, putting the Pharaohs 2-1 up.
Tunisia were resilient and came back once again to win the fourth set 25-19, resorting to a final fifth set decider that the Pharaohs won 16-14, therefore winning the African Olympics Qualifiers and thus qualifying to the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Egypt join Argentina, Russia and Cuba, United States and Brazil as the qualifying teams so far. Tunisia will face third place Algeria in the World Olympic Qualifiers that will take place in Tokyo, Japan later in May.