KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Egypt volleyball team qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
The Egyptian volleyball team have qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics after winning the African Olympic Qualifiers.
The Pharaohs dominated the whole tournament, which was held in Brazzaville. Egypt came out on top of Group A, defeating hosts Congo 3-1 and fellow Arabs, Tunisia, 3-0 to face Group B runners-up Cameroon in the semi-finals.
Egypt defeated Cameroon 3-2 on Monday and met Tunisia again in the final after Tunisia defeating rivals, Algeria, 3-1 in the semi-finals. The Egyptians put on a very strong performance Egypt defeated Tunisia 3-2 on sets.
During the final Egypt won the first set 25-19, then lost the second 20-25 but managed to come back again to win the third set 25-18, putting the Pharaohs 2-1 up.
Tunisia were resilient and came back once again to win the fourth set 25-19, resorting to a final fifth set decider that the Pharaohs won 16-14, therefore winning the African Olympics Qualifiers and thus qualifying to the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Egypt join Argentina, Russia and Cuba, United States and Brazil as the qualifying teams so far. Tunisia will face third place Algeria in the World Olympic Qualifiers that will take place in Tokyo, Japan later in May.