Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Koka plays 90 minutes as Braga advances to semis
The Archbishops faced F.C. Arouca at home in the quarter-final of the Portugal league cup with summer signing Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ starting the game.
After an uneventful first half the hosts finally managed to get onto the scoreboard, taking the lead in the 57th minute through an own goal that involved Egypt international Koka.
After positioning himself in the box for an incoming low cross from the right side Koka saw Arouca’s defender Hugo Basto slide in front of him only to redirect the ball into his own goal, putting the hosts up 1-0.
Three minutes later Nikola Stoiljkovic added the second for Braga after a scramble in the box saw him receive the ball in the middle of the box and easily finish to seal the win for his team.
With this performance Koka’s S.C Braga now advance to the semi-final of the Taça de Portugal and will be facing the Egyptian’s ex-teammates Rio Ave F.C.
It is worth noting that the last two editions of the Taça de Portugal has seen these two teams face each other in the semi-final making, this the third match-up of the sort in three years.