Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Koka plays 90 minutes as Braga advances to semis
The Archbishops faced F.C. Arouca at home in the quarter-final of the Portugal league cup with summer signing Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ starting the game.
After an uneventful first half the hosts finally managed to get onto the scoreboard, taking the lead in the 57th minute through an own goal that involved Egypt international Koka.
After positioning himself in the box for an incoming low cross from the right side Koka saw Arouca’s defender Hugo Basto slide in front of him only to redirect the ball into his own goal, putting the hosts up 1-0.
Three minutes later Nikola Stoiljkovic added the second for Braga after a scramble in the box saw him receive the ball in the middle of the box and easily finish to seal the win for his team.
With this performance Koka’s S.C Braga now advance to the semi-final of the Taça de Portugal and will be facing the Egyptian’s ex-teammates Rio Ave F.C.
It is worth noting that the last two editions of the Taça de Portugal has seen these two teams face each other in the semi-final making, this the third match-up of the sort in three years.