Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
El-Nenny arrives in London ahead of Arsenal move
KingFut revealed on Tuesday that Mohamed El-Nenny was set to travel to London from Paris to complete his move to the Gunners.
The Egypt international, who scored six goals in 28 appearances for Swiss champions FC Basel this season, landed in the English capital early on Wednesday and is set to be finally unveiled as an Arsenal player.
El-Nenny had already passed his medical in Paris but visa issues had been stalling the move to Arsenal, but all has been solved now; only the club’s official announcement and unveiling remains.
The player signed his Arsenal contract prior to obtaining a work permit; KingFut can confirm there were no issues from that aspect, despite Egypt not being among the top 50 countries in the current FIFA Rankings.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who impressed in the box-to-box role this season, joins Arsenal on a four-and-a-half year deal. El-Nenny enjoyed a successful three-year stay with FC Basel, in which he had participated in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and won three consecutive league titles.
El-Nenny, who was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014, will become the first-ever Egypt international to join Arsenal.