Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
El-Nenny arrives in London ahead of Arsenal move
KingFut revealed on Tuesday that Mohamed El-Nenny was set to travel to London from Paris to complete his move to the Gunners.
The Egypt international, who scored six goals in 28 appearances for Swiss champions FC Basel this season, landed in the English capital early on Wednesday and is set to be finally unveiled as an Arsenal player.
El-Nenny had already passed his medical in Paris but visa issues had been stalling the move to Arsenal, but all has been solved now; only the club’s official announcement and unveiling remains.
The player signed his Arsenal contract prior to obtaining a work permit; KingFut can confirm there were no issues from that aspect, despite Egypt not being among the top 50 countries in the current FIFA Rankings.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who impressed in the box-to-box role this season, joins Arsenal on a four-and-a-half year deal. El-Nenny enjoyed a successful three-year stay with FC Basel, in which he had participated in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and won three consecutive league titles.
El-Nenny, who was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014, will become the first-ever Egypt international to join Arsenal.