KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
El-Nenny arrives in London ahead of Arsenal move
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny has arrived in London ahead of his anticipated move to Arsenal Football Club, KingFut can confirm.
KingFut revealed on Tuesday that Mohamed El-Nenny was set to travel to London from Paris to complete his move to the Gunners.
The Egypt international, who scored six goals in 28 appearances for Swiss champions FC Basel this season, landed in the English capital early on Wednesday and is set to be finally unveiled as an Arsenal player.
El-Nenny had already passed his medical in Paris but visa issues had been stalling the move to Arsenal, but all has been solved now; only the club’s official announcement and unveiling remains.
The player signed his Arsenal contract prior to obtaining a work permit; KingFut can confirm there were no issues from that aspect, despite Egypt not being among the top 50 countries in the current FIFA Rankings.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who impressed in the box-to-box role this season, joins Arsenal on a four-and-a-half year deal. El-Nenny enjoyed a successful three-year stay with FC Basel, in which he had participated in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and won three consecutive league titles.
El-Nenny, who was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014, will become the first-ever Egypt international to join Arsenal.