Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
El-Nenny arrives in London ahead of Arsenal move
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny has arrived in London ahead of his anticipated move to Arsenal Football Club, KingFut can confirm.
KingFut revealed on Tuesday that Mohamed El-Nenny was set to travel to London from Paris to complete his move to the Gunners.
The Egypt international, who scored six goals in 28 appearances for Swiss champions FC Basel this season, landed in the English capital early on Wednesday and is set to be finally unveiled as an Arsenal player.
El-Nenny had already passed his medical in Paris but visa issues had been stalling the move to Arsenal, but all has been solved now; only the club’s official announcement and unveiling remains.
The player signed his Arsenal contract prior to obtaining a work permit; KingFut can confirm there were no issues from that aspect, despite Egypt not being among the top 50 countries in the current FIFA Rankings.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who impressed in the box-to-box role this season, joins Arsenal on a four-and-a-half year deal. El-Nenny enjoyed a successful three-year stay with FC Basel, in which he had participated in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and won three consecutive league titles.
El-Nenny, who was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014, will become the first-ever Egypt international to join Arsenal.