Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Nacional de Madeira suffers cup shock against Gil Vicente
Aly Ghazal’s Nacional de Madeira were eliminated from the Portuguese Cup after losing against second division side Gil Vicente.
Nacional de Madeira were knocked out from the Taça de Portugal after losing 1-0 against Marwan Mohsen’s former side Gil Vicente in the last 8 round, with Egypt international Aly Ghazal starting the game, before being substituted at half-time.
The Roosters only goal came in the 31st minute, as Cape Verde international midfielder Péricles Pereira “Pecks” header sealed the win for the second division side.
The Visitors could have equalized in the second half through Witi, but the Mozambique forward hit the post to put the Roosters through to the semi-final.
Gil Vicente will face the winner between Boavista and Porto, with the first leg is expected to be on the 3rd of February, while the second leg will be on the 2nd of March.
Madeira’s next game will be against Ahmed Hassan’s Braga on the 17th of January while Gil Vicente will face Braga B on the same day.