Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Nacional de Madeira suffers cup shock against Gil Vicente
Aly Ghazal’s Nacional de Madeira were eliminated from the Portuguese Cup after losing against second division side Gil Vicente.
Nacional de Madeira were knocked out from the Taça de Portugal after losing 1-0 against Marwan Mohsen’s former side Gil Vicente in the last 8 round, with Egypt international Aly Ghazal starting the game, before being substituted at half-time.
The Roosters only goal came in the 31st minute, as Cape Verde international midfielder Péricles Pereira “Pecks” header sealed the win for the second division side.
The Visitors could have equalized in the second half through Witi, but the Mozambique forward hit the post to put the Roosters through to the semi-final.
Gil Vicente will face the winner between Boavista and Porto, with the first leg is expected to be on the 3rd of February, while the second leg will be on the 2nd of March.
Madeira’s next game will be against Ahmed Hassan’s Braga on the 17th of January while Gil Vicente will face Braga B on the same day.