Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Smouha: We want to sign Zamalek duo
Smouha chairman, Farag Amer, has confirmed Smouha’s official request to sign Zamalek duo during the January transfer window.
Farag Amer has pointed out in television comments to Al Nahar Sports Channel that he began talks with Zamalek chairman, Mortada Mansour, regarding the transfer of the players to Smouha and hoped the deal would go through.
He said: “I asked for Ibrahim Salah and Ahmed Hassan Mekki to join us during the current transfer window and I have talked to Mortada Mansour about it, but I’m yet to receive a yes or no on the transfer.”
“The Zamalek chairman will talk to team manager, Ahmed Hossam Mido, before replying to the transfer request and I hope it will be agreed upon.”
He also added: “Mortada Mansour is my friend, I have never rejected his requests to sign any Smouha player, but I won’t be able to approve of Ayman Ashraf’s transfer.”
“I don’t have a replacement for Ayman Ashraf right now, in the mean time Zamalek have an abundance of players while Salah and Mekki’s transfer would have a huge positive impact on Smouha.”
It’s worth noting that Ahmed Hassan Mekki as well as Ibrahim Salah aren’t regular starters for Ahmed Hossam Mido. The Zamalek manager hasn’t picked Mekki in the squad and Ibrahim Salah is yet to start any match since Mido took over.