Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Smouha: We want to sign Zamalek duo
Smouha chairman, Farag Amer, has confirmed Smouha’s official request to sign Zamalek duo during the January transfer window.
Farag Amer has pointed out in television comments to Al Nahar Sports Channel that he began talks with Zamalek chairman, Mortada Mansour, regarding the transfer of the players to Smouha and hoped the deal would go through.
He said: “I asked for Ibrahim Salah and Ahmed Hassan Mekki to join us during the current transfer window and I have talked to Mortada Mansour about it, but I’m yet to receive a yes or no on the transfer.”
“The Zamalek chairman will talk to team manager, Ahmed Hossam Mido, before replying to the transfer request and I hope it will be agreed upon.”
He also added: “Mortada Mansour is my friend, I have never rejected his requests to sign any Smouha player, but I won’t be able to approve of Ayman Ashraf’s transfer.”
“I don’t have a replacement for Ayman Ashraf right now, in the mean time Zamalek have an abundance of players while Salah and Mekki’s transfer would have a huge positive impact on Smouha.”
It’s worth noting that Ahmed Hassan Mekki as well as Ibrahim Salah aren’t regular starters for Ahmed Hossam Mido. The Zamalek manager hasn’t picked Mekki in the squad and Ibrahim Salah is yet to start any match since Mido took over.