An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Smouha: We want to sign Zamalek duo
Smouha chairman, Farag Amer, has confirmed Smouha’s official request to sign Zamalek duo during the January transfer window.
Farag Amer has pointed out in television comments to Al Nahar Sports Channel that he began talks with Zamalek chairman, Mortada Mansour, regarding the transfer of the players to Smouha and hoped the deal would go through.
He said: “I asked for Ibrahim Salah and Ahmed Hassan Mekki to join us during the current transfer window and I have talked to Mortada Mansour about it, but I’m yet to receive a yes or no on the transfer.”
“The Zamalek chairman will talk to team manager, Ahmed Hossam Mido, before replying to the transfer request and I hope it will be agreed upon.”
He also added: “Mortada Mansour is my friend, I have never rejected his requests to sign any Smouha player, but I won’t be able to approve of Ayman Ashraf’s transfer.”
“I don’t have a replacement for Ayman Ashraf right now, in the mean time Zamalek have an abundance of players while Salah and Mekki’s transfer would have a huge positive impact on Smouha.”
It’s worth noting that Ahmed Hassan Mekki as well as Ibrahim Salah aren’t regular starters for Ahmed Hossam Mido. The Zamalek manager hasn’t picked Mekki in the squad and Ibrahim Salah is yet to start any match since Mido took over.