History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
VIDEO: Arsene Wenger tips Elneny to succeed at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger tips, January signing, Elneny to succeed in the English Premier League.
Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, tips new signing Mohamed Elneny to settle and succeed in England. In an interview with the club’s official website, the Frenchman opened up on his thoughts about the Egypt international.
He expects Elneny to adapt quickly to life in England. Wenger attributed this to the fact that his acquisition has won a hatrick of league titles in the Swiss League. He has also featured in the Champions League and the Europa League.
“First he has not come in straight to a big club; he had an intermediate stay in Europe so the adaptation is less of a question mark. He is 23 years old and already got Champions League, Europa League and Swiss League experience.”
Elneny was also praised for his “versatile” nature. “He can be box to box and be a holding midfielder so that is for us very promising. We wanted a versatile player and I wanted a player who can play defensively but can as well play to box to box.”
Commenting further, Wenger stated, “His strengths are his technical level, vision, his intelligence, his disciplined attitude and his physical attitude to compete at a high level. I think he has the physical qualities to play at the top level.”
“Where he needs to adapt is to the challenges, the force needed in the Premier League to survive. I think that could demand a little bit of adaptation. But overall I think he has all the attributes to do well.”
Watch the full interview: