Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
VIDEO: Arsene Wenger tips Elneny to succeed at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger tips, January signing, Elneny to succeed in the English Premier League.
Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, tips new signing Mohamed Elneny to settle and succeed in England. In an interview with the club’s official website, the Frenchman opened up on his thoughts about the Egypt international.
He expects Elneny to adapt quickly to life in England. Wenger attributed this to the fact that his acquisition has won a hatrick of league titles in the Swiss League. He has also featured in the Champions League and the Europa League.
“First he has not come in straight to a big club; he had an intermediate stay in Europe so the adaptation is less of a question mark. He is 23 years old and already got Champions League, Europa League and Swiss League experience.”
Elneny was also praised for his “versatile” nature. “He can be box to box and be a holding midfielder so that is for us very promising. We wanted a versatile player and I wanted a player who can play defensively but can as well play to box to box.”
Commenting further, Wenger stated, “His strengths are his technical level, vision, his intelligence, his disciplined attitude and his physical attitude to compete at a high level. I think he has the physical qualities to play at the top level.”
“Where he needs to adapt is to the challenges, the force needed in the Premier League to survive. I think that could demand a little bit of adaptation. But overall I think he has all the attributes to do well.”
Watch the full interview: