Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Elneny speaks out for the first time after joining Arsenal
New Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny has spoken for the first time since his move to north London, expressing his delight on joining one of the world’s greatest teams.
Egypt’s Mohamed Elnenny, who joined Arsenal earlier today, talked to Arsenal official website about his move to north London, promising the fans that he will make a positive contribution to the Gunners.
“It is an indescribable feeling, I am really glad of course, Arsenal is one of the world’s greatest teams, and I am very keen to participate positively with my new team, God willing, and to give my best for the team and for myself.
“Arsenal is one of those teams that everyone enjoys watching and of course I would love to play for such a great team.”
The former Arab Contractors midfielder also praised his new coach, adding: “Mr Wenger is a highly respected manager and one of the world’s best managers. It is my honour to be trained under his management.
“It is one the biggest clubs in the world, I know everything about it and its players.”
“I would like to tell [the fans] that, although you have not seen much of me, I promise I will contribute positively with the team. I am hoping that we win the Premier League and cup this season, and the Champions League as well.”
Mohamed Elneny has become the ninth Egyptian player to play in the English Premier League after Ahmed Hossam “Mido”, Ahmed Elmohamady, Hossam Ghaly, Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Shawky, Amr Zaki, Ahmed Fathy and Mohamed Nagy “Gedo”.
Elneny joined the Premier League leaders on a four-and-a-half year deal coming from Swiss champions FC Basel for a fee reported to be around £7.4 million.