Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Elneny speaks out for the first time after joining Arsenal
New Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny has spoken for the first time since his move to north London, expressing his delight on joining one of the world’s greatest teams.
Egypt’s Mohamed Elnenny, who joined Arsenal earlier today, talked to Arsenal official website about his move to north London, promising the fans that he will make a positive contribution to the Gunners.
“It is an indescribable feeling, I am really glad of course, Arsenal is one of the world’s greatest teams, and I am very keen to participate positively with my new team, God willing, and to give my best for the team and for myself.
“Arsenal is one of those teams that everyone enjoys watching and of course I would love to play for such a great team.”
The former Arab Contractors midfielder also praised his new coach, adding: “Mr Wenger is a highly respected manager and one of the world’s best managers. It is my honour to be trained under his management.
“It is one the biggest clubs in the world, I know everything about it and its players.”
“I would like to tell [the fans] that, although you have not seen much of me, I promise I will contribute positively with the team. I am hoping that we win the Premier League and cup this season, and the Champions League as well.”
Mohamed Elneny has become the ninth Egyptian player to play in the English Premier League after Ahmed Hossam “Mido”, Ahmed Elmohamady, Hossam Ghaly, Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Shawky, Amr Zaki, Ahmed Fathy and Mohamed Nagy “Gedo”.
Elneny joined the Premier League leaders on a four-and-a-half year deal coming from Swiss champions FC Basel for a fee reported to be around £7.4 million.