Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
OFFICIAL: Luciano Spalletti returns to Roma
Serie A side AS Roma have officially announced that Italian manager Luciano Spalletti is set to have a second coaching spell at the club, naming him the new manager as a replacement for the sacked Rudi Garcia.
Roma have announced they have relieved Rudi Garcia of his job as senior team coach, after spending two and a half years at the club, failing to win any significant title, followed by disappointing performances of the team so far this season.
Spalletti joined Mohamed Salah’s Roma on a year and a half contract worth €3m per year, according to Sky Sport Italia. The former Zenit Saint Petersburg coach is set to run his first training session on Thursday ahead of the team’s Serie A match against Hellas Verona.
The 56-year-old coach had a previous successful tenure at the eternal city before when he took control of the Giallorossi between 2005 and 2009 where he never won the title and finished second more than once, albeit with much less resources that Garcia had.