Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
OFFICIAL: Luciano Spalletti returns to Roma
Serie A side AS Roma have officially announced that Italian manager Luciano Spalletti is set to have a second coaching spell at the club, naming him the new manager as a replacement for the sacked Rudi Garcia.
Roma have announced they have relieved Rudi Garcia of his job as senior team coach, after spending two and a half years at the club, failing to win any significant title, followed by disappointing performances of the team so far this season.
Spalletti joined Mohamed Salah’s Roma on a year and a half contract worth €3m per year, according to Sky Sport Italia. The former Zenit Saint Petersburg coach is set to run his first training session on Thursday ahead of the team’s Serie A match against Hellas Verona.
The 56-year-old coach had a previous successful tenure at the eternal city before when he took control of the Giallorossi between 2005 and 2009 where he never won the title and finished second more than once, albeit with much less resources that Garcia had.