Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
OFFICIAL: Luciano Spalletti returns to Roma
Serie A side AS Roma have officially announced that Italian manager Luciano Spalletti is set to have a second coaching spell at the club, naming him the new manager as a replacement for the sacked Rudi Garcia.
Roma have announced they have relieved Rudi Garcia of his job as senior team coach, after spending two and a half years at the club, failing to win any significant title, followed by disappointing performances of the team so far this season.
Spalletti joined Mohamed Salah’s Roma on a year and a half contract worth €3m per year, according to Sky Sport Italia. The former Zenit Saint Petersburg coach is set to run his first training session on Thursday ahead of the team’s Serie A match against Hellas Verona.
The 56-year-old coach had a previous successful tenure at the eternal city before when he took control of the Giallorossi between 2005 and 2009 where he never won the title and finished second more than once, albeit with much less resources that Garcia had.