Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Luciano Spalletti returns to Roma
Serie A side AS Roma have officially announced that Italian manager Luciano Spalletti is set to have a second coaching spell at the club, naming him the new manager as a replacement for the sacked Rudi Garcia.
Roma have announced they have relieved Rudi Garcia of his job as senior team coach, after spending two and a half years at the club, failing to win any significant title, followed by disappointing performances of the team so far this season.
Spalletti joined Mohamed Salah’s Roma on a year and a half contract worth €3m per year, according to Sky Sport Italia. The former Zenit Saint Petersburg coach is set to run his first training session on Thursday ahead of the team’s Serie A match against Hellas Verona.
The 56-year-old coach had a previous successful tenure at the eternal city before when he took control of the Giallorossi between 2005 and 2009 where he never won the title and finished second more than once, albeit with much less resources that Garcia had.