Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Mohamed El-Nenny joins Arsenal
KingFut revealed the player was set to sign for the Gunners after undergoing a medical, and the defensive midfielder has finally sealed his move to the London-based club.
Arsenal were thought to have faced a bump in the road as El-Nenny reportedly failed to meet some of the criteria to acquire a work permit, nonetheless, the club didn’t need to file an appeal and the 23-year-old was granted the permit after putting pen-to-paper.
Rumors had circulated that Arsenal were set to lose El-Nenny due to military service back in Egypt, but KingFut confirmed the rumors were false and the player’s move to the Gunners was done and dusted.
El-Nenny, who has scored six goals in 28 appearances for the Swiss champions in all competitions this season, becomes the first-ever Egypt international to join Arsenal FC. He is not the first player of Egyptian descent to join the club however, as former goalkeeper Rami Shaaban had an Egyptian father, despite being a Sweden international. Shaaban previously took to Twitter to express his excitement over the Egyptian’s move to Arsenal.
Snackas om at El-Nenny, egyptiern som spelar i vardags i Basel ska genomgå sin läkarundersökning hos Arsenal på tisdag. Spännande 🙂
— Rami Shaaban (@shaabanrami) December 27, 2015
El-Nenny enjoyed a successful three-year stay with FC Basel, in which he had accumulated 144 appearances, scoring 10 goals and assisting eight as per transfermarkt, while participating in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and winning three consecutive league titles.
— Mohamed ELNeny (@ElNennyM) January 14, 2016
It is worth mentioning that the former Arab Contractors midfielder was among the 25-man shortlist for the CAF Player of the Year award in 2014. El-Nenny is a crucial part of the Egypt National team, and has 39 caps and three goals for the Pharaohs.