Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
SQUASH: Egyptians triumphant in Tournament of Champions semi-finals
Mohamed Elshorbagy was the only Egyptian left in the men’s tournament after defeating fellow Egyptian Omar Mosaad in the quarter-finals. Elshorbagy faced Frenchman Mathieu Castgnet in the semi-final and overcame him, winning 3-1 in 49 minutes.
The Pharaoh is set to encounter Englishman and world number three Nick Matthew after his opponent, the French General, Gregory Gaultier forfeited due to an ankle injury.
On the women’s side Nour El Sherbini is to meet American-Egyptian Amanda Sobhy in the final after Sobhy defeated 18-year-old Egyptian sensation Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the semi-final.
El Sherbini faced and defeated world number three, Malaysian Nicol David 3-0 in the semi-final in 26 minutes for the first time in the Egyptian’s history.