Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Al Ahly exclude five players from African squad
Al Ahly manager Jose Peseiro has announced Friday excluding five players from the team’s African squad list set to take part in the CAF Champions League this season.
The Red Devils have announced a 30-man list in December before reducing it to 25 players, as the Portuguese coach has excluded Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Mohamed Hamdy, Sherif Hazem and goalkeeper Ahmed Rabei from the list for technical reasons.
Peseiro has kept Al Ahly out-of-favour Ghanaian striker John Antwi and former Misr El-Maqassa superstar Ahmed El-Sheikh in the final squad, despite their repeated absence from the team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Ahly final African list:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Rami Rabia, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed Fathi, Bassem Ali, Mohamed Hany, Sabry Rahil and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Saleh Gomaa, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy, Momen Zakaria, Ahmed El-Sheikh and Ahmed Hamdy.
Strikers: Emad Meteb, Amr Gamal, Malick Evouna and John Antwi.
The Red Castle will represent Egypt in the African Champions League alongside last season’s league winners Zamalek.
Al Ahly are set to kick-off their African campaign from the round of 32, as they will the winner between Angolan side Recreativo do Libolo and Equatorial Guinea’s Racing de Micomeseng in March.