Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Arsene Wenger confirms Elneny availability for Stoke, will decide role
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger announced on Friday that Mohamed Elneny, who finally completed his move to Arsenal on Thursday, is available to face Stoke City at the Britannia stadium.
Speaking at a pre-match press conference, Wenger said, “Elneny is available for selection, I haven’t decided yet [whether I will play him]. I have to see how everyone has recovered. Elneny is a possibility to be in the squad for Sunday.”
The first round encounter between both sides ended in a 2-0 win for Arsene Wenger’s men. Theo Walcott scored the opener, before being replaced by Frenchman Oliver Giroud who scored the second goal 5 minutes from time.
The Egyptian star midfielder will be looking to make the difference in Arsenal’s midfield, with injuries plaguing the squad currently fighting in three competitions, namely the Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League.