Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Abdel-Hafiz: El-Sulaya close to joining Al Ahly
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that Egypt international midfielder Amr El-Sulaya might be the Red Castle’s only addition in January.
Al Ahly were close to signing the former Ismaily player during the previous summer transfer window, however, his move to the Red Castle was halted as Ismaily board announced that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
Following Al Ahly failure to sign El-Sulaya, the 26-year-old midfielder ended up joining the UAE-based club Al Shaab.
Abdel-Hafiz told reporters on Friday that El-Sulaya, who plays for UAE side Al Shaab, is close to completing a move to the Red Devils during the January transfer window.
El-Sulaya played at Al Shaab under the leadership of manager Tarek El-Ashry, however, the former ENPPI manager resigned his post in November to take the helm at Arab Contractors.
El-Sulaya’s agent, Tamer El-Nahas, has confirmed earlier in January that Al Shaab will let go of the player, based on the request of the team’s new manager’s Walter Zenga.