Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Abdel-Hafiz: El-Sulaya close to joining Al Ahly
Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that Egypt international midfielder Amr El-Sulaya might be the Red Castle’s only addition in January.
Al Ahly were close to signing the former Ismaily player during the previous summer transfer window, however, his move to the Red Castle was halted as Ismaily board announced that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
Following Al Ahly failure to sign El-Sulaya, the 26-year-old midfielder ended up joining the UAE-based club Al Shaab.
Abdel-Hafiz told reporters on Friday that El-Sulaya, who plays for UAE side Al Shaab, is close to completing a move to the Red Devils during the January transfer window.
El-Sulaya played at Al Shaab under the leadership of manager Tarek El-Ashry, however, the former ENPPI manager resigned his post in November to take the helm at Arab Contractors.
El-Sulaya’s agent, Tamer El-Nahas, has confirmed earlier in January that Al Shaab will let go of the player, based on the request of the team’s new manager’s Walter Zenga.