An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Giroud: Elneny is a complete player
French striker Olivier Giroud has praised his new team-mate Mohamed Elneny after seeing him in training.
Elneny has trained with his Arsenal team-mates this week after completing his transfer on Thursday and Giroud has talked to the club’s website about the new signing and how he was impressed with him.
The Frenchman believes in Elneny’s ability to adapt to the demands of the English game and has said: “I’ve trained with him and he’s a good player, very talented but first of all he is a good guy – I think he will settle well into the team.
“I think he’s basically a box-to-box midfielder, so he can attack and defend, run a lot and has good power and technique. He is quite a complete player.
“It always takes time to adapt to English football because there is a lot of intensity, it is very physical and even tactically [you must get used to it] – but I think Premier League football will suit him well.”
Giroud has joined fellow Frenchman and Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, in praising Elneny. Wenger also spoke highly of Elneny and praised the Egyptian’s determination and dedication.