Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Giroud: Elneny is a complete player
Elneny has trained with his Arsenal team-mates this week after completing his transfer on Thursday and Giroud has talked to the club’s website about the new signing and how he was impressed with him.
The Frenchman believes in Elneny’s ability to adapt to the demands of the English game and has said: “I’ve trained with him and he’s a good player, very talented but first of all he is a good guy – I think he will settle well into the team.
“I think he’s basically a box-to-box midfielder, so he can attack and defend, run a lot and has good power and technique. He is quite a complete player.
“It always takes time to adapt to English football because there is a lot of intensity, it is very physical and even tactically [you must get used to it] – but I think Premier League football will suit him well.”
Giroud has joined fellow Frenchman and Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, in praising Elneny. Wenger also spoke highly of Elneny and praised the Egyptian’s determination and dedication.