Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Giroud: Elneny is a complete player
French striker Olivier Giroud has praised his new team-mate Mohamed Elneny after seeing him in training.
Elneny has trained with his Arsenal team-mates this week after completing his transfer on Thursday and Giroud has talked to the club’s website about the new signing and how he was impressed with him.
The Frenchman believes in Elneny’s ability to adapt to the demands of the English game and has said: “I’ve trained with him and he’s a good player, very talented but first of all he is a good guy – I think he will settle well into the team.
“I think he’s basically a box-to-box midfielder, so he can attack and defend, run a lot and has good power and technique. He is quite a complete player.
“It always takes time to adapt to English football because there is a lot of intensity, it is very physical and even tactically [you must get used to it] – but I think Premier League football will suit him well.”
Giroud has joined fellow Frenchman and Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, in praising Elneny. Wenger also spoke highly of Elneny and praised the Egyptian’s determination and dedication.