Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Official: Mayuka joins Zamalek from FC Metz
Reports were circulating on Thursday that a deal had been agreed to lure the 25-year-old striker to Egypt on a 3-year deal for an undisclosed amount, and club president Mortada Mansour confirmed the signing on Friday.
“The player [Mayuka] has officially signed and will be registered in the team’s domestic and African list. Mayuka will land in Egypt on Sunday to take part in Zamalek’s training,” Mansour told journalists on Friday.
The Zambia international played for Young Boys in Switzerland, Southampton in England before joining Metz in France’s second tier. He won the 2012 African Cup of Nations with the Chipolopolo.
— FC Metz Officiel (@FCMetz_officiel) January 15, 2016
In 627 minutes of football in Ligue 2, Emmanuel Mayuka only managed to score 2 goals. During his time at Southampton, the striker scored a solitary goal for the Saints.