Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
SQUASH: Egyptians conquer Tournament of Champions
World Number One Elshorbagy defeated three-time world champion Nick Matthew 3-2 in an excruciating 91 minute game to earn the Tournament of Champions trophy.
Mohamed Elshorbagy reached the final after defeating the Frenchman Mathieu Castgnet and successfully overcame the 35-year-old to win his second Tournament of Champions trophy.
Nour El Sherbini made sure that both the female and male trophies remained Egyptian and overcame American-Egyptian Amanda Sobhy in the final.
The Alexandrian 20-year-old was victorious in the 3-1 game against home-town favourite Amanda Sobhy, who was full of praise for El Sherbini.
“Nour was at the top of her game tonight,” said Sobhy after the match. “She was able to keep her position in front for most of the match and made almost no errors.”
By winning her first Tournament of Champions, Nour became the youngest ever player to win it. An incredible achievement to top off a superb tournament from the youngster who surely is destined for squash greatness.