Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
SQUASH: Egyptians conquer Tournament of Champions
World Number One Elshorbagy defeated three-time world champion Nick Matthew 3-2 in an excruciating 91 minute game to earn the Tournament of Champions trophy.
Mohamed Elshorbagy reached the final after defeating the Frenchman Mathieu Castgnet and successfully overcame the 35-year-old to win his second Tournament of Champions trophy.
Nour El Sherbini made sure that both the female and male trophies remained Egyptian and overcame American-Egyptian Amanda Sobhy in the final.
The Alexandrian 20-year-old was victorious in the 3-1 game against home-town favourite Amanda Sobhy, who was full of praise for El Sherbini.
“Nour was at the top of her game tonight,” said Sobhy after the match. “She was able to keep her position in front for most of the match and made almost no errors.”
By winning her first Tournament of Champions, Nour became the youngest ever player to win it. An incredible achievement to top off a superb tournament from the youngster who surely is destined for squash greatness.