Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
VIDEO: Ahly play out 1-1 draw with Dakhleya
Dakhleya: Ahmed Fawzi; Gehad Geneidi, Ragab Bakar, Rashad Farouk, Asem Saied; Amer Sabri, Farid Shawki, Mohamed Gamal, Hossam Hassan, Amr Marei; Emmanuel Karbogi.
Ahly: Ahmed Adel; Sabri Rahil, Ahmed Hegazy, Ramy Rabia, Ahmed Fathi; Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Saleh Gomaa, Mo’men Zakareya, Abdallah El-Saied; Amr Gamal.
Dakhleya got off on the stronger foot at the beginning of the encounter. Hossam Hassan’s shot went just over the bar only 6 minutes into the game, giving the Red Devils an early scare. After 24 minutes, Momen Zakaria missed an unbelievable chance to break the deadlock following a brilliant back-heel pass from an in-form Saleh Gomaa.
Two minutes before halftime, Dakhleya’s Amr Marei managed to open the scoreline after superbly beating the offside trap and placing the ball past Ahmed Adel. Both teams failed to score further goals before the referee blew the halftime whistle.
Ramadan Sobhy and Ahmed Hamdy came on to replace Saleh Gomaa and Hossam Ghaly at the start of the second half. Al Ahly were desperately chasing an equalizer, and it seemed like they would not find any luck.
However, just 14 minutes before full time, Dakhleya defender Rashad Farouk headed the ball into his own net to gift Al Ahly their much desired equalizer. Al Ahly continued to push for a winner, but Dakhleya were able to hold off the Red Devils’ efforts and secure an impressive point.
This draw leaves Al Ahly at second position with 26 points, while Dakhleya now occupy the fourth position with 25 points.
Watch the goals: