Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Farida Osman qualifies for 50m freestyle final in Austin
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman has managed to reach the women’s 50m freestyle final in the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series in Austin, Texas.
The 20-year-old finished fifth in the overall ranking with 25.18 seconds to secure her spot in the final set to take place early on Sunday.
On Friday, Osman came fifth in the women’s 100m butterfly final of the Same tournamet, which is taking place between January 15-17 in Texas. She finished the 100m butterfly race in 59.18 seconds.
The Egyptian champion, who is currently a student in the University of California, Berkeley, is going to represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, where she will be competing in the 100m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle.
In December, Osman has claimed the “Female African Swimmer of the Year” title in the 2015 Swammy Awards, after an impressive year, in which she managed to beat several national and continental records in African and International swimming competitions.