Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Farida Osman qualifies for 50m freestyle final in Austin
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman has managed to reach the women’s 50m freestyle final in the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series in Austin, Texas.
The 20-year-old finished fifth in the overall ranking with 25.18 seconds to secure her spot in the final set to take place early on Sunday.
On Friday, Osman came fifth in the women’s 100m butterfly final of the Same tournamet, which is taking place between January 15-17 in Texas. She finished the 100m butterfly race in 59.18 seconds.
The Egyptian champion, who is currently a student in the University of California, Berkeley, is going to represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, where she will be competing in the 100m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle.
In December, Osman has claimed the “Female African Swimmer of the Year” title in the 2015 Swammy Awards, after an impressive year, in which she managed to beat several national and continental records in African and International swimming competitions.