Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Farida Osman qualifies for 50m freestyle final in Austin
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman has managed to reach the women’s 50m freestyle final in the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series in Austin, Texas.
The 20-year-old finished fifth in the overall ranking with 25.18 seconds to secure her spot in the final set to take place early on Sunday.
On Friday, Osman came fifth in the women’s 100m butterfly final of the Same tournamet, which is taking place between January 15-17 in Texas. She finished the 100m butterfly race in 59.18 seconds.
The Egyptian champion, who is currently a student in the University of California, Berkeley, is going to represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, where she will be competing in the 100m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle.
In December, Osman has claimed the “Female African Swimmer of the Year” title in the 2015 Swammy Awards, after an impressive year, in which she managed to beat several national and continental records in African and International swimming competitions.