Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Farida Osman qualifies for 50m freestyle final in Austin
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman has managed to reach the women’s 50m freestyle final in the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series in Austin, Texas.
The 20-year-old finished fifth in the overall ranking with 25.18 seconds to secure her spot in the final set to take place early on Sunday.
On Friday, Osman came fifth in the women’s 100m butterfly final of the Same tournamet, which is taking place between January 15-17 in Texas. She finished the 100m butterfly race in 59.18 seconds.
The Egyptian champion, who is currently a student in the University of California, Berkeley, is going to represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, where she will be competing in the 100m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle.
In December, Osman has claimed the “Female African Swimmer of the Year” title in the 2015 Swammy Awards, after an impressive year, in which she managed to beat several national and continental records in African and International swimming competitions.