The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Mayuka included in Zamalek CAF Champions League squad
Ex-Zamalek player and current manager Ahmed Hossam Mido had a pool of 28 players to choose from, with Mayuka’s arrival from Ligue 1 side FC Metz, but he settled for 23 players.
The squad saw the return of Hazem Emam and Ahmed Hamoudi, who were excluded from the club’s last Egyptian Premier League squad due to injury and for technical reasons, respectively. Mido excluded goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal, left-back Mahmoud Barony and left-back Sherif Alaa.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Hazem Emam, Mohamed Koffi, Hamada Tolba, Ahmed Dweidar, Ali Gabr, Mohamed Gomaa.
Midfielders: Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Hamoudi, Ahmed Tawfik, Moruf Yusuf, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’, Mostafa Fathi, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mahmoud Kahraba.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Mohamed Salem, Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek will represent Egypt in the CAF Champions League alongside rivals and cairo-based club Al Ahly. In the last edition of this tournament, Zamalek was eliminated in the semi-final by Tunisia’s Etoile du Sahel.
The 2016 edition of the CAF CL kicks-off on February 12, but Zamalek’s campaign will kick-off from the Round of 32 as they will face the winner between Liberia’s Nimba United FC and Cameroon’s Union Sportive de Douala on the weekend of March 11.