Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mayuka included in Zamalek CAF Champions League squad
Ex-Zamalek player and current manager Ahmed Hossam Mido had a pool of 28 players to choose from, with Mayuka’s arrival from Ligue 1 side FC Metz, but he settled for 23 players.
The squad saw the return of Hazem Emam and Ahmed Hamoudi, who were excluded from the club’s last Egyptian Premier League squad due to injury and for technical reasons, respectively. Mido excluded goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal, left-back Mahmoud Barony and left-back Sherif Alaa.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Hazem Emam, Mohamed Koffi, Hamada Tolba, Ahmed Dweidar, Ali Gabr, Mohamed Gomaa.
Midfielders: Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Hamoudi, Ahmed Tawfik, Moruf Yusuf, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’, Mostafa Fathi, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mahmoud Kahraba.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Mohamed Salem, Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek will represent Egypt in the CAF Champions League alongside rivals and cairo-based club Al Ahly. In the last edition of this tournament, Zamalek was eliminated in the semi-final by Tunisia’s Etoile du Sahel.
The 2016 edition of the CAF CL kicks-off on February 12, but Zamalek’s campaign will kick-off from the Round of 32 as they will face the winner between Liberia’s Nimba United FC and Cameroon’s Union Sportive de Douala on the weekend of March 11.