An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Wadi Degla in talks with former TP Mazembe manager
Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy is set to hold talks with former TP Mazembe head coach Patrice Carteron on Saturday over the club’s vacant manager’s post, agent Yahia Aly told KingFut.
Wadi Degla have reportedly agreed to terminate the contract of the team’s manager Hamada Sedky by mutual agreement after a poor run of results, as Degla currently occupy the 14th position in the Egyptian Premier League table with 11 points.
The French coach arrived in Egypt on Friday and watched Wadi Degla’s match against Arab Contractors, which ended in a goalless draw.
Although Degla haven’t yet reached an official agreement with the former Mali manager, they look set on hiring a foreign coach.
Carteron took over at TP Mazembe in mid-2013 after leading Mali to win a bronze medal in the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
The 45-year-old manager has quit his job at the Congolese Club last week after turning down an offer to extend his contract.
“I have made several achievements with TP Mazembe. The club’s board wanted me to continue but I preferred to get a new experience,” Carteron said in a televised interview on Friday.