Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Wadi Degla in talks with former TP Mazembe manager
Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy is set to hold talks with former TP Mazembe head coach Patrice Carteron on Saturday over the club’s vacant manager’s post, agent Yahia Aly told KingFut.
Wadi Degla have reportedly agreed to terminate the contract of the team’s manager Hamada Sedky by mutual agreement after a poor run of results, as Degla currently occupy the 14th position in the Egyptian Premier League table with 11 points.
The French coach arrived in Egypt on Friday and watched Wadi Degla’s match against Arab Contractors, which ended in a goalless draw.
Although Degla haven’t yet reached an official agreement with the former Mali manager, they look set on hiring a foreign coach.
Carteron took over at TP Mazembe in mid-2013 after leading Mali to win a bronze medal in the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
The 45-year-old manager has quit his job at the Congolese Club last week after turning down an offer to extend his contract.
“I have made several achievements with TP Mazembe. The club’s board wanted me to continue but I preferred to get a new experience,” Carteron said in a televised interview on Friday.