Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Abdel-Hafiz: No negotiations between Baniyas and Peseiro
Rumors of an agreement between Peseiro and the Emirati club to become the first team’s new manager have been on the surface in the last few hours, which was completely ruled out by Al Ahly’s former right back.
“Peseiro is staying at Al Ahly, I’m confident he respects his contract with Al Ahly and the rumors about negotiations between him and Baniyas are without foundation,” Abdel-Hafiz said on a local radio station.
“There have never been any contacts between Baniyas and Peseiro, there is respect to the contract signed by both parties,” he concluded.
The 55-year-old was hired as Al Ahly coach last October, achieving 8 victories, 2 draws and 2 losses in 12 league games so far.