A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Farida Osman finishes 6th in 50m freestyle final in Austin
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman has finished 6th in the women’s 50m freestyle final of the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series in Austin, Texas.
After finishing fifth in the overall ranking of the preliminary stage with a 25.18 seconds, Farida reserved her place in the final stage of the tournament.
The 20-year-old swimmer finished in the 6th place with a 24.95 seconds in the competition’s final, which took place on Sunday.
Osman will represent Egypt in the Rio 2016 Olympics ash she will compete in the 100m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle, along with Al Ahly’s Ahmed Akram and Marawan El Kamash, who will be representing Egypt as well in the 2016 summer Olympics.
In December, Osman has claimed the “Female African Swimmer of the Year” title in the 2015 Swammy Awards, after an impressive year, in which she managed to beat several national and continental records in African and International swimming competitions.