ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: Ghazal features as Nacional lose to SC Braga at home
Aly Ghazal’s CD Nacional suffered a narrow defeat at home to Koka’s SC Braga in the 18th week of the Portuguese league.
Aly Ghazal started the game and played the full match while Ahmed Hassan was an unused substitute for the winning side.
Ghazal’s side found themselves down after 20 minutes as Willy Bolly scored Braga’s first goal. The French defender was later shown the red card after receiving the second yellow card awarding a penalty for CD Nacional. Willyan Barbosa was able to score the equalizer for Nacional after converting from the spot in the 25th minute.
In the second half, CD Nacional went down to 10 men as the Mozambican defender Zainadine Junior was sent off for the second yellow card in the 56th minute. Three minutes later SC Braga led again as Pedro Santos had scored the second for his team, before the Serbian striker Stojiljkovic doubled Braga’s lead in the 77th minute.
CD Nacional’s striker Salvador Agra scored a late goal making it 3-2 five minutes before the full time.
The win enforced SC Braga’s position in the fourth place with 32 points, three points away from the fifth placed Pacos De Ferriera, after 18 games while the loss kept CD Nacional in the 15th position with 17 points.