Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Hossam Hassan suspended, will miss Zamalek match
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a one-match suspension by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) after a tussle in his team’s game against Ittihad of Alexandria.
Former Zamalek SC manager was suspended for one match and fined EGP 5,000 after he entered the pitch following the end of their match in gameweek 14, and protested against the referee’s decisions during the match.
The suspension means that Hassan will miss his team’s match against Zamalek SC scheduled on Wednesday in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
EFA also fined both clubs, Al Masry and Ittihad of Alexandria, EGP 20,000 each, for their unsporting behaviour following the game.
In addition, Al Masry player Hany Said and Ittihad player El-Sayed Abdel-Aal were also handed a two-match ban.
This was the second time this season that Hassan received a match suspension. The Egyptian legend was suspended for one match after he was sent off in his team’s 1-1 draw with Misr El-Maqassa in the second round of the league.