The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Hossam Hassan suspended, will miss Zamalek match
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a one-match suspension by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) after a tussle in his team’s game against Ittihad of Alexandria.
Former Zamalek SC manager was suspended for one match and fined EGP 5,000 after he entered the pitch following the end of their match in gameweek 14, and protested against the referee’s decisions during the match.
The suspension means that Hassan will miss his team’s match against Zamalek SC scheduled on Wednesday in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
EFA also fined both clubs, Al Masry and Ittihad of Alexandria, EGP 20,000 each, for their unsporting behaviour following the game.
In addition, Al Masry player Hany Said and Ittihad player El-Sayed Abdel-Aal were also handed a two-match ban.
This was the second time this season that Hassan received a match suspension. The Egyptian legend was suspended for one match after he was sent off in his team’s 1-1 draw with Misr El-Maqassa in the second round of the league.