Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Hossam Hassan suspended, will miss Zamalek match
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a one-match suspension by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) after a tussle in his team’s game against Ittihad of Alexandria.
Former Zamalek SC manager was suspended for one match and fined EGP 5,000 after he entered the pitch following the end of their match in gameweek 14, and protested against the referee’s decisions during the match.
The suspension means that Hassan will miss his team’s match against Zamalek SC scheduled on Wednesday in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
EFA also fined both clubs, Al Masry and Ittihad of Alexandria, EGP 20,000 each, for their unsporting behaviour following the game.
In addition, Al Masry player Hany Said and Ittihad player El-Sayed Abdel-Aal were also handed a two-match ban.
This was the second time this season that Hassan received a match suspension. The Egyptian legend was suspended for one match after he was sent off in his team’s 1-1 draw with Misr El-Maqassa in the second round of the league.