Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Hossam Hassan suspended, will miss Zamalek match
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a one-match suspension by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) after a tussle in his team’s game against Ittihad of Alexandria.
Former Zamalek SC manager was suspended for one match and fined EGP 5,000 after he entered the pitch following the end of their match in gameweek 14, and protested against the referee’s decisions during the match.
The suspension means that Hassan will miss his team’s match against Zamalek SC scheduled on Wednesday in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
EFA also fined both clubs, Al Masry and Ittihad of Alexandria, EGP 20,000 each, for their unsporting behaviour following the game.
In addition, Al Masry player Hany Said and Ittihad player El-Sayed Abdel-Aal were also handed a two-match ban.
This was the second time this season that Hassan received a match suspension. The Egyptian legend was suspended for one match after he was sent off in his team’s 1-1 draw with Misr El-Maqassa in the second round of the league.