Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Roma drop points again in Verona draw
AS Roma drew 1-1 with Hellas Verona at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday, in their first match under the leadership of Luciano Spaletti, who took over following Rudi Garcia’s sacking.
The Gillarossi came into the match with a new look, as Spaletti looked to change things up in the squad with his side starting with a 4-3-2-1 formation.
The first half began with equal pressure from both sides, with both ends looking to recover dropped points from their first encounter, which recorded Mohamed Salah’s debut with Roma and ended in a 1-1 draw.
Belgium war-horse Radja Nainggolan was the one to open the scoring for Roma, finding the back of the net in the 41st minute, with the assist coming from Daniele De Rossi.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was all but quiet during the match as he was eager to have an impact in the game. The Egyptian provided his usual runs on the flanks but struggled to have a severe impact.
The second half began with equal pressure again, as Hellas Verona were looking to equalize.
In the 61st minute, Leandro Castan, Roma’s returning center back, gave away a penalty and Giampolo Pazzini scored from the spot and equalised for his side.
The match went on to finish 1-1, with another disappointing performance from Roma, who can’t seem to stop dropping points.
Roma currently sit in the 5th position with 35 points, nine points away from league leaders Napoli. The Gillarossi’s next match will be on Sunday against title defenders Juventus.