Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Roma drop points again in Verona draw
AS Roma drew 1-1 with Hellas Verona at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday, in their first match under the leadership of Luciano Spaletti, who took over following Rudi Garcia’s sacking.
The Gillarossi came into the match with a new look, as Spaletti looked to change things up in the squad with his side starting with a 4-3-2-1 formation.
The first half began with equal pressure from both sides, with both ends looking to recover dropped points from their first encounter, which recorded Mohamed Salah’s debut with Roma and ended in a 1-1 draw.
Belgium war-horse Radja Nainggolan was the one to open the scoring for Roma, finding the back of the net in the 41st minute, with the assist coming from Daniele De Rossi.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was all but quiet during the match as he was eager to have an impact in the game. The Egyptian provided his usual runs on the flanks but struggled to have a severe impact.
The second half began with equal pressure again, as Hellas Verona were looking to equalize.
In the 61st minute, Leandro Castan, Roma’s returning center back, gave away a penalty and Giampolo Pazzini scored from the spot and equalised for his side.
The match went on to finish 1-1, with another disappointing performance from Roma, who can’t seem to stop dropping points.
Roma currently sit in the 5th position with 35 points, nine points away from league leaders Napoli. The Gillarossi’s next match will be on Sunday against title defenders Juventus.