Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Roma drop points again in Verona draw
AS Roma drew 1-1 with Hellas Verona at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday, in their first match under the leadership of Luciano Spaletti, who took over following Rudi Garcia’s sacking.
The Gillarossi came into the match with a new look, as Spaletti looked to change things up in the squad with his side starting with a 4-3-2-1 formation.
The first half began with equal pressure from both sides, with both ends looking to recover dropped points from their first encounter, which recorded Mohamed Salah’s debut with Roma and ended in a 1-1 draw.
Belgium war-horse Radja Nainggolan was the one to open the scoring for Roma, finding the back of the net in the 41st minute, with the assist coming from Daniele De Rossi.
Egypt international Mohamed Salah was all but quiet during the match as he was eager to have an impact in the game. The Egyptian provided his usual runs on the flanks but struggled to have a severe impact.
The second half began with equal pressure again, as Hellas Verona were looking to equalize.
In the 61st minute, Leandro Castan, Roma’s returning center back, gave away a penalty and Giampolo Pazzini scored from the spot and equalised for his side.
The match went on to finish 1-1, with another disappointing performance from Roma, who can’t seem to stop dropping points.
Roma currently sit in the 5th position with 35 points, nine points away from league leaders Napoli. The Gillarossi’s next match will be on Sunday against title defenders Juventus.