Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Trezeguet makes full debut for Anderlecht away to Gent
Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan made his full debut for RSC Anderlecht away to KAA Gent as the 2013/14 Belgian Pro League winners went down by 2 goals.
The Egyptian midfielder, who made his debut last month after coming in as a second half substitute against KVC Westerlo, played an hour and two minutes as he was replaced by DR Congo midfielder Dodi Lukabakio.
Laurent Depoitre put KAA Gent into the lead on the 10th minute. Two minutes later, Trezeguet came so close to inscribe a mark after his attempt was kept out by Sels.
The Al Ahly loanee was again on the spot lights in the second half after providing a brilliant pass to Okaka, whose shot went wide.
With a minute prior regulation time, Laurent Depoitre grabbed his second goal to cement victory for the hosts.
KAA Gent have now taken over the helm of the Belgian Pro League table with 46 points. Club Brugge occupies the second spot three points adrift the log leaders. Defeat leaves Anderlecht on third position with 41 points.