Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
FIFA recognise Egypt’s upcoming international friendlies
The Egyptian national team is scheduled to face Jordan and Libya in friendlies later this month.
EFA executive director Tharwat Sweilam had previously informed FIFA of the dates of the national team’s friendlies against Jordan and Libya, which are scheduled to be played at the Aswan Stadium.
FIFA responded on Friday, confirming that they will provide official authorisation for both matches, which will be officially recongised as international friendlies.
Egypt will face Jordan on the 27th of January and will play against Libya on the 29th of the same month, as part of the team’s closed training camp taking place in Aswan, between 23-29 January. The squad for both matches is expected to be announced later this week.
The camp is a preparation for the Pharaohs’ encounters with Nigeria in the third and fourth rounds of the 2017 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March.
Egypt manager Héctor Cúper is scheduled to hold a press conference next week, where he is expected to reveal his plan for the national team ahead of the upcoming clashes against Nigeria.