Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
FIFA recognise Egypt’s upcoming international friendlies
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) received on Sunday a letter from FIFA confirming that Egypt’s upcoming friendlies will be officially recognised matches.
The Egyptian national team is scheduled to face Jordan and Libya in friendlies later this month.
EFA executive director Tharwat Sweilam had previously informed FIFA of the dates of the national team’s friendlies against Jordan and Libya, which are scheduled to be played at the Aswan Stadium.
FIFA responded on Friday, confirming that they will provide official authorisation for both matches, which will be officially recongised as international friendlies.
Egypt will face Jordan on the 27th of January and will play against Libya on the 29th of the same month, as part of the team’s closed training camp taking place in Aswan, between 23-29 January. The squad for both matches is expected to be announced later this week.
The camp is a preparation for the Pharaohs’ encounters with Nigeria in the third and fourth rounds of the 2017 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March.
Egypt manager Héctor Cúper is scheduled to hold a press conference next week, where he is expected to reveal his plan for the national team ahead of the upcoming clashes against Nigeria.