Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
FIFA recognise Egypt’s upcoming international friendlies
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) received on Sunday a letter from FIFA confirming that Egypt’s upcoming friendlies will be officially recognised matches.
The Egyptian national team is scheduled to face Jordan and Libya in friendlies later this month.
EFA executive director Tharwat Sweilam had previously informed FIFA of the dates of the national team’s friendlies against Jordan and Libya, which are scheduled to be played at the Aswan Stadium.
FIFA responded on Friday, confirming that they will provide official authorisation for both matches, which will be officially recongised as international friendlies.
Egypt will face Jordan on the 27th of January and will play against Libya on the 29th of the same month, as part of the team’s closed training camp taking place in Aswan, between 23-29 January. The squad for both matches is expected to be announced later this week.
The camp is a preparation for the Pharaohs’ encounters with Nigeria in the third and fourth rounds of the 2017 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers in March.
Egypt manager Héctor Cúper is scheduled to hold a press conference next week, where he is expected to reveal his plan for the national team ahead of the upcoming clashes against Nigeria.