Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Official: Mazembe appoint Hubert Velud as new manager
TP Mazembe appoint former Togo manager Hubert Velud, after the departure of Patrice Carteron as his contract with the club came to an end.
The Frenchman, who had a previous spells at number of French sides, succeeds Patrice Carteron, who joined Egyptian Premier League side Wadi Degla on 16th of January.
The African Champions have announced on their official website that Velud has signed a one-year contract with the club and will replace Patrice Carteron with immediate effect.
“By appointing the services of Hubert Velud, the club has hired a coach whose reputation is well established on the continent, particularly in the Maghreb countries,” the club announced.
Hubert Velud was appointed as a new manager of the Togo national football team in 2009, replacing the Belgian Jean Thissen.
The French manager, who was wounded in the rebel attack on the Togolese national team, resigned less than a year later to take over at French third division side Creteil.
The former Goalkeeper won back to back Algerian league titles with ES Sétif and USM Alger in 2013 and 2014, as well as leading the latter to the Algerian Super Cup in 2013.