Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Official: Mazembe appoint Hubert Velud as new manager
TP Mazembe appoint former Togo manager Hubert Velud, after the departure of Patrice Carteron as his contract with the club came to an end.
The Frenchman, who had a previous spells at number of French sides, succeeds Patrice Carteron, who joined Egyptian Premier League side Wadi Degla on 16th of January.
The African Champions have announced on their official website that Velud has signed a one-year contract with the club and will replace Patrice Carteron with immediate effect.
“By appointing the services of Hubert Velud, the club has hired a coach whose reputation is well established on the continent, particularly in the Maghreb countries,” the club announced.
Hubert Velud was appointed as a new manager of the Togo national football team in 2009, replacing the Belgian Jean Thissen.
The French manager, who was wounded in the rebel attack on the Togolese national team, resigned less than a year later to take over at French third division side Creteil.
The former Goalkeeper won back to back Algerian league titles with ES Sétif and USM Alger in 2013 and 2014, as well as leading the latter to the Algerian Super Cup in 2013.