Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Official: Mazembe appoint Hubert Velud as new manager
TP Mazembe appoint former Togo manager Hubert Velud, after the departure of Patrice Carteron as his contract with the club came to an end.
The Frenchman, who had a previous spells at number of French sides, succeeds Patrice Carteron, who joined Egyptian Premier League side Wadi Degla on 16th of January.
The African Champions have announced on their official website that Velud has signed a one-year contract with the club and will replace Patrice Carteron with immediate effect.
“By appointing the services of Hubert Velud, the club has hired a coach whose reputation is well established on the continent, particularly in the Maghreb countries,” the club announced.
Hubert Velud was appointed as a new manager of the Togo national football team in 2009, replacing the Belgian Jean Thissen.
The French manager, who was wounded in the rebel attack on the Togolese national team, resigned less than a year later to take over at French third division side Creteil.
The former Goalkeeper won back to back Algerian league titles with ES Sétif and USM Alger in 2013 and 2014, as well as leading the latter to the Algerian Super Cup in 2013.