Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
EXCLUSIVE | Mido: Ibrahim Salah had to be patient
Several reports have been circulating about the player’s unsettled state at Zamalek, with rumors that he’s talked to president Mortada Mansour about leaving the club.
Speaking to KingFut, Mido said regarding the player’s departure: “This is something for the board to talk about.
The player has been linked to several Egyptian Premier league clubs, most notably Alexandria’s Smouha who announced reaching an agreement over signing of the player on loan.
With Mido favouring a midfield duo of former Smouha players Tarek Hamed and Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Salah has found playing time hard to come by.
“He [Salah] wanted more playing time.
“I have spoken to him and told him that he had to be patient and wait for his chance,” Mido told KingFut.
Ibrahim Salah was an integral cog in the Zamalek machine last season, powering his club to league and cup triumphs.
The player also made KingFut’s team-of-the-season.