The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Smouha reach agreements to sign Al Ahly, Zamalek midfielders
The Alexandrian club has reached an agreement earlier Monday to sign Al Ahly attacking midfielder on a six-month loan, for the former Ittihad of Alexandria player to become the third signing for Smouha during this window after they signed Hossam Hassan and Sherif Hazem.
Zaki had joined Al Ahly from Ittihad of Alexandria last June to make only one official appearance with the Red Castle; during the 2015 Egypt Cup final against Zamalek under the leadership of former Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
Zaki appears to have failed to convince the current Al Ahly manager Jose Pesiero, as he didn’t make a single appearance for the club this season. The player has reportedly asked for a loan transfer after a meeting with the club’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz.
Smouha’s chairman Mohamed Farag Amer has also announced reaching an agreement with Zamalek over the transfer of midfielder Ibrahim Salah on a loan deal until the end of the season. Amer announced that the signing is to be confirmed soon.
Salah had reportedly announced his discomfort at Zamalek and asked for a move, while Zamalek manager Ahmed HossamMido urged him to be patient.
Amer added that the club will target one more signing during the current transfer window, announcing that they will sign a striker to replace Khaled Kamar who had his anterior cruciate ligament torn against Entag El-Harby last December.
“We still need a striker. We have too many local and African options and the club will end with the player who fits the team well and accept our conditions,” Amer concluded.
Smouha currently occupy the 9th position in the Egyptian Premier League table, as they collected 20 points from 14 matches.