Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Arsene Wenger reveals reason for Elneny exclusion
Following the match, Wenger spoke to reporters about the match, as well as Elneny.
The French manager claimed that he has kept Elneny on the bench in order to know how hard is it to play in the Premier League.” I kept Elneny on the bench to give him a good look [of the game] and how tough it is in England,” he said.
“Look, he is a positive boy, 23-years-old, very intelligent player as well, and he would have loved that,” he added, when asked about the frantic on-pitch battle.
Following the team’s draw against Stoke City, Arsenal now occupy first place in the Premier League table with 44 points. The Gunners host defending champions Chelsea next weekend, as they look to maintain their lead.