Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Arsene Wenger reveals reason for Elneny exclusion
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described Mohamed Elneny as ‘intelligent’ and justified his exclusion, following his team’s goalless draw against Stoke City.
Following the match, Wenger spoke to reporters about the match, as well as Elneny.
The French manager claimed that he has kept Elneny on the bench in order to know how hard is it to play in the Premier League.” I kept Elneny on the bench to give him a good look [of the game] and how tough it is in England,” he said.
“Look, he is a positive boy, 23-years-old, very intelligent player as well, and he would have loved that,” he added, when asked about the frantic on-pitch battle.
Following the team’s draw against Stoke City, Arsenal now occupy first place in the Premier League table with 44 points. The Gunners host defending champions Chelsea next weekend, as they look to maintain their lead.