Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
Arsene Wenger reveals reason for Elneny exclusion
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described Mohamed Elneny as ‘intelligent’ and justified his exclusion, following his team’s goalless draw against Stoke City.
Following the match, Wenger spoke to reporters about the match, as well as Elneny.
The French manager claimed that he has kept Elneny on the bench in order to know how hard is it to play in the Premier League.” I kept Elneny on the bench to give him a good look [of the game] and how tough it is in England,” he said.
“Look, he is a positive boy, 23-years-old, very intelligent player as well, and he would have loved that,” he added, when asked about the frantic on-pitch battle.
Following the team’s draw against Stoke City, Arsenal now occupy first place in the Premier League table with 44 points. The Gunners host defending champions Chelsea next weekend, as they look to maintain their lead.