The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
Koffi returns as Zamalek name squad for Al Masry clash
Zamalek manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has announced the 20-man squad for Al Masry clash in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
Mido will seek to keep his team’s winning streak alive, after leading the White Knights to three wins out of three matches since he took over.
The squad list saw the return of Burkina Faso’s international midfielder Mohamed Koffi and striker Mohamed Salem, after being excluded from the team’s game against Ittihad El-Shorta.
The 32-year-old manager continued to include young players in the first team’s squad; after the appearance of Mahmoud Barrany, 21, in the team’s squad that faced ENPPI, Mido called up young midfielder Mohamed Khalifa for Al Masry clash.
Midfielder Ibrahim Salah, who seems to be on the verge of completing a move to Smouha, wasn’t included in the squad list.
Ahmed Hassan Mekki was excluded for technical reasons, while team’s captain Hazem Emam continued to miss due to injury.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh and Omar Salah.
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Mohamed Koffi, Hamada Tolba, Ali Gabr and Ahmed Dewidar.
Midfielders: Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Moruf Yusuf, Mohamed Khalifa, Ayman Hefni, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek Shikabala, Mostafa Fathi, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mahmoud Kahraba and Ahmed Hamoudi.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi and Mohamed Salem.
Zamalek currently top the league table, along with Misr El-Maqassa, with 27 points each. The White Castle however have two games in hand.
Al Masry coach Hossam Hassan is set to miss the upcoming match after receiving a one-match suspension. The coastal club occupy the fourth place, one point less than Zamalek.