Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish thrash El-Shorta
Tala’a El-Gaish come back from behind to thrash Fathi Mabrouk’s El-Shorta side 4-1 and stay just shy of the relegation zone.
Tala’a El-Gaish entered the game with nothing but a lone point separating them from the relegation zone; the military side had accumulated 15 points in their 13 games this season.
Ittihad El-Shorta were right in the middle of the relegation zone with 8 points in as many games as their opponents for the day.
Kahled Sotouhi opened the score for Ittihad El-Shorta half-way into the fist half of the game, putting his side ahead in what might prove an essential game come the end of the season.
Alaa Ali equalised from the spot for his side with less than 10 minutes on the clock for the end of the first half securing a way back into the game for his team.
Doubling his tally, Alaa Ali chipped the goal keeper on the volley, placing the ball into the far right corner after Oussuo Konan sent him through on goal brilliantly.
Franck Engonga doubled El-Gaish’s lead with almost 30 minutes to go, cementing his side’s comeback into the game.
The military side all but guaranteed all three points after Ahmed Hasan ‘Okka’ scored the fourth goal for his side.
Tala’a El-Gaish win has proven vital as it kept them outside of the relegation zone with Aswan hot on their tail after the Upper-Egypt based side scraped a 2-1 win against Arab Contractors.