KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Ibrahim Salah: Mido didn’t want me
Ibrahim Salah has commented on his departure from Zamalek, stating that the club easily let him go.
Speaking to Al Hayah on TV, Salah confirmed manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ did not want him at the club despite all the years he spent in the White Castle.
“I left Zamalek because I was not in the coaching staff’s plans. Mido didn’t want me at the club since he took over from Paqueta despite the face I was a starter under him,” Salah said.
“No one wanted me at the club despite what I have given to Zamalek for seven years. I never made any problems over not playing or my financial dues.
Ibrahim Salah was loaned to Alexandrian club Smouha and has confirmed he’ll be willing to work hard there for the next six months.
“I will give my all in Smouha every match to go back to Zamalek and play again starting next season,” Ibrahim Salah concluded.
It is worth noting that Mido confirmed to KingFut that he had talks with the player, and told him to patiently wait for his chance but the player decided to depart.