Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
VIDEO: Koka scores, assists in SC Braga’s League Cup victory
Ahmed Hassan “Koka” scored and assisted to help SC Braga secure a huge 4-0 win over Leixoes SC in the Portuguese League Cup group stage, while Aly Ghazal was benched in CD Nacional’s goalless draw.
After winning their first game against Belenenses, SC Braga had to travel to the Segunda Liga side Leixoes SC for their second game in Group D. Braga started their chances early in the game as Ahmed Hassan “Koka” had his shot saved.
In the 10th minute, Pedro Santos opened the scoresheet by scoring Braga’s first goal, scoring his second goal of the tournament. Koka was in action for SC Braga again but his shot went over the bar.
Eight minutes into the second half, Koka scored his team’s second goal and his first in the tournament. The Egyptian striker met Baiano’s cross with great control before finishing into the net. Four minutes later, Leixoes’s striker Niang was shown a red card for violent contact.
In the 84th minute, Koka’s cross found Rui Fonte scoring SC Braga’s third goal. In the second minute of additional time, Koka was fouled in the box and was awarded a penalty, which was converted by Wilson Eduardo, scoring his team’s 4th goal.
SC Braga have now taken over the top of Group D with six points from two games. SC Braga will face Rio Ave, Koka’s former team, in their third and final game of the group stage.
Ghazal’s Nacional eliminated
On the other hand, Aly Ghazal was an unused substitute in CD Nacional’s draw at Moreirense. After losing their first game in Group B against SL Benfica, CD Nacional travelled to Moreirense but both teams failed to find the net as they shared the points of the game.
With this draw, CD Nacional are eliminated from the cup after picking up just one point from two games. They host Club Oriental de Lisboa in their final game of the tournament.