Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Senegal’s Papy Djilobodji loaned out to Werder Bremen from Chelsea
Papy Djilobodji has joined Bundesliga side Werder Bremen on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season.
The Senegalese international signed for Chelsea FC from Ligue 1 side FC Nantes on the last day of the transfer window in September 2015.
Papy Djilobodji made just one appearance with the English Premier league champions, a substitute appearance in Chelsea’s League Cup win against Walsall, replacing Colombian striker Rademel Falcao.
The 27-year-old started his career at French side US Senart-Moissy before joining FC Nantes in May 2010.
Djilobodji’s performances with Nantes earned him a £4 million move to the Stamford Bridge, signing a contract with Chelsea till 2019.
Djilobodji becomes the 33rd player loaned out by Chelsea FC, joining a list which includes a number of African stars such as Nigeria’s Victor Moses and Ghana’s Christian Atsu.
Werder Bremen are currently in the 16th position in German Bundesliga after picking up just 15 points from 17 games.