Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Senegal’s Papy Djilobodji loaned out to Werder Bremen from Chelsea
Papy Djilobodji has joined Bundesliga side Werder Bremen on loan from Chelsea FC until the end of the season.
The Senegalese international signed for Chelsea FC from Ligue 1 side FC Nantes on the last day of the transfer window in September 2015.
Papy Djilobodji made just one appearance with the English Premier league champions, a substitute appearance in Chelsea’s League Cup win against Walsall, replacing Colombian striker Rademel Falcao.
The 27-year-old started his career at French side US Senart-Moissy before joining FC Nantes in May 2010.
Djilobodji’s performances with Nantes earned him a £4 million move to the Stamford Bridge, signing a contract with Chelsea till 2019.
Djilobodji becomes the 33rd player loaned out by Chelsea FC, joining a list which includes a number of African stars such as Nigeria’s Victor Moses and Ghana’s Christian Atsu.
Werder Bremen are currently in the 16th position in German Bundesliga after picking up just 15 points from 17 games.