Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Egypt announce squad for 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations
The 22nd edition of the tournament will take place between 21-30 January in Cairo, Egypt.
Egypt was drawn in Group A along with Cameroon, Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and Gabon. Group B includes Tunisia, Angola, Libya, Kenya, DR Congo and Congo-Brazzaville.
The winner of the tournament will secure a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, while the top three teams will qualify to the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship in France.
The Pharaohs, who won their last African title in 2008 in Angola, will take on defending champions Algeria in the opening day of the tournament, Thursday, at 20:30 CLT.
GoalKeepers: Karim Hendawy, Mahmoud Khalil.
Fullbacks: Ahmed El Ahmar, Mahmoud Taha, Ali Zein, Ali Hesham.
Wingers: Mohamed Send, Mohamed AbdelRahman, Ahmed Alaa.
Centers ‘Playmakers’: Mohamed Alaa, Mohamed Bassiouni, Islam Hassan.
Circle Runners: Mohamed Hashem, Mohamed Ibrahim, Wesam Samy, Ibrahim El Masry.
Egypt last hosted the African tournament in 2010, when the Tunisian team secured the title after beating the Pharaohs in the final.