The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Egypt announce squad for 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations
The 22nd edition of the tournament will take place between 21-30 January in Cairo, Egypt.
The winner of the tournament will secure a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, while the top three teams will qualify to the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship in France.
The Pharaohs, who won their last African title in 2008 in Angola, will take on defending champions Algeria in the opening day of the tournament, Thursday, at 20:30 CLT.
GoalKeepers: Karim Hendawy, Mahmoud Khalil.
Fullbacks: Ahmed El Ahmar, Mahmoud Taha, Ali Zein, Ali Hesham.
Wingers: Mohamed Send, Mohamed AbdelRahman, Ahmed Alaa.
Centers ‘Playmakers’: Mohamed Alaa, Mohamed Bassiouni, Islam Hassan.
Circle Runners: Mohamed Hashem, Mohamed Ibrahim, Wesam Samy, Ibrahim El Masry.
Egypt last hosted the African tournament in 2010, when the Tunisian team secured the title after beating the Pharaohs in the final.