Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Egypt announce squad for 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations
The 22nd edition of the tournament will take place between 21-30 January in Cairo, Egypt.
Egypt was drawn in Group A along with Cameroon, Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and Gabon. Group B includes Tunisia, Angola, Libya, Kenya, DR Congo and Congo-Brazzaville.
The winner of the tournament will secure a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, while the top three teams will qualify to the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship in France.
The Pharaohs, who won their last African title in 2008 in Angola, will take on defending champions Algeria in the opening day of the tournament, Thursday, at 20:30 CLT.
GoalKeepers: Karim Hendawy, Mahmoud Khalil.
Fullbacks: Ahmed El Ahmar, Mahmoud Taha, Ali Zein, Ali Hesham.
Wingers: Mohamed Send, Mohamed AbdelRahman, Ahmed Alaa.
Centers ‘Playmakers’: Mohamed Alaa, Mohamed Bassiouni, Islam Hassan.
Circle Runners: Mohamed Hashem, Mohamed Ibrahim, Wesam Samy, Ibrahim El Masry.
Egypt last hosted the African tournament in 2010, when the Tunisian team secured the title after beating the Pharaohs in the final.