Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Egypt announce squad for 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations
The 22nd edition of the tournament will take place between 21-30 January in Cairo, Egypt.
The winner of the tournament will secure a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, while the top three teams will qualify to the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship in France.
The Pharaohs, who won their last African title in 2008 in Angola, will take on defending champions Algeria in the opening day of the tournament, Thursday, at 20:30 CLT.
GoalKeepers: Karim Hendawy, Mahmoud Khalil.
Fullbacks: Ahmed El Ahmar, Mahmoud Taha, Ali Zein, Ali Hesham.
Wingers: Mohamed Send, Mohamed AbdelRahman, Ahmed Alaa.
Centers ‘Playmakers’: Mohamed Alaa, Mohamed Bassiouni, Islam Hassan.
Circle Runners: Mohamed Hashem, Mohamed Ibrahim, Wesam Samy, Ibrahim El Masry.
Egypt last hosted the African tournament in 2010, when the Tunisian team secured the title after beating the Pharaohs in the final.