Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Egypt announce squad for 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations
The 22nd edition of the tournament will take place between 21-30 January in Cairo, Egypt.
Egypt was drawn in Group A along with Cameroon, Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and Gabon. Group B includes Tunisia, Angola, Libya, Kenya, DR Congo and Congo-Brazzaville.
The winner of the tournament will secure a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, while the top three teams will qualify to the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship in France.
The Pharaohs, who won their last African title in 2008 in Angola, will take on defending champions Algeria in the opening day of the tournament, Thursday, at 20:30 CLT.
GoalKeepers: Karim Hendawy, Mahmoud Khalil.
Fullbacks: Ahmed El Ahmar, Mahmoud Taha, Ali Zein, Ali Hesham.
Wingers: Mohamed Send, Mohamed AbdelRahman, Ahmed Alaa.
Centers ‘Playmakers’: Mohamed Alaa, Mohamed Bassiouni, Islam Hassan.
Circle Runners: Mohamed Hashem, Mohamed Ibrahim, Wesam Samy, Ibrahim El Masry.
Egypt last hosted the African tournament in 2010, when the Tunisian team secured the title after beating the Pharaohs in the final.