Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ittihad of Alexandria sign Gambian winger Darbo
Swedish-born Gambian winger Alieu Darbo has officially joined Egyptian side Ittihad of Alexandria, according to the club’s official website.
Having previously played for a decent number of clubs like Le Mans FC (France), GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia), Levante UD B (Spain) and recently MC Oran (Algeria), the 23-year-old winger continues his journey with a move to Egypt.
Darbo signed a four-year-and-a-half contract with the Alexandrian side, with high hopes to make his presence noticed for the Alexandrian fans this season.
The winger who stands 184 cm tall, is mostly known for his pace, technique and his accuracy with both feet, although his right foot is his naturally preferred one.
Internationally, Alieu Darbo chose to represent his country of origin, Gambia, and was part of the national team in the 2009 U-17 FIFA World Cup held in Nigeria.
Darbo joined Ittihad of Alexandria two days after the Alexandrian club announced signing Nigerian striker Stephen Worgu on a two-year-and-a-half deal.
The Alexandrian club currently occupy the eighth position in the Egyptian Premier League table with 22 points.