Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Ittihad of Alexandria sign Gambian winger Darbo
Swedish-born Gambian winger Alieu Darbo has officially joined Egyptian side Ittihad of Alexandria, according to the club’s official website.
Having previously played for a decent number of clubs like Le Mans FC (France), GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia), Levante UD B (Spain) and recently MC Oran (Algeria), the 23-year-old winger continues his journey with a move to Egypt.
Darbo signed a four-year-and-a-half contract with the Alexandrian side, with high hopes to make his presence noticed for the Alexandrian fans this season.
The winger who stands 184 cm tall, is mostly known for his pace, technique and his accuracy with both feet, although his right foot is his naturally preferred one.
Internationally, Alieu Darbo chose to represent his country of origin, Gambia, and was part of the national team in the 2009 U-17 FIFA World Cup held in Nigeria.
Darbo joined Ittihad of Alexandria two days after the Alexandrian club announced signing Nigerian striker Stephen Worgu on a two-year-and-a-half deal.
The Alexandrian club currently occupy the eighth position in the Egyptian Premier League table with 22 points.