Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Ittihad of Alexandria sign Gambian winger Darbo
Swedish-born Gambian winger Alieu Darbo has officially joined Egyptian side Ittihad of Alexandria, according to the club’s official website.
Having previously played for a decent number of clubs like Le Mans FC (France), GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia), Levante UD B (Spain) and recently MC Oran (Algeria), the 23-year-old winger continues his journey with a move to Egypt.
Darbo signed a four-year-and-a-half contract with the Alexandrian side, with high hopes to make his presence noticed for the Alexandrian fans this season.
The winger who stands 184 cm tall, is mostly known for his pace, technique and his accuracy with both feet, although his right foot is his naturally preferred one.
Internationally, Alieu Darbo chose to represent his country of origin, Gambia, and was part of the national team in the 2009 U-17 FIFA World Cup held in Nigeria.
Darbo joined Ittihad of Alexandria two days after the Alexandrian club announced signing Nigerian striker Stephen Worgu on a two-year-and-a-half deal.
The Alexandrian club currently occupy the eighth position in the Egyptian Premier League table with 22 points.