Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Elneny: Arsenal a massive career shift
New Arsenal player Mohamed Elneny has talked about being prepared for the massive career shift following his move to England.
In comments made to the club’s official website, Egypt international Mohamed Elneny talks about the new challenge of playing in England and how he believes in himself and in his abilities to make that step up.
Elneny joined the North London giants earlier this month after moving from Swiss side Basel where he won three Super League titles during his three-year stint at the club.
Elneny talks about the new challenge that awaits him: “I expect it to be a massive shift in my career and a big starting point,” he told Arsenal Player.
“I would like to achieve a lot and prove to myself and everyone that I am capable of playing in the Premier League and any league around the world. Hopefully I can develop my skills more and more.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 21, 2016
“I always work hard to develop all aspects of my skills to benefit the club I play for. As I mentioned before, Arsenal is a big club and I have to live up to this responsibility. That’s why I work hard to develop myself continuously.”
The Egyptian has also been impressed with the league leaders’ performances and says: “I can see that Arsenal are having one of their best seasons, that makes me very enthusiastic to play with the best team in the Premier League, both now and in the past,” Elneny said.
“That is why I am very keen to accept this responsibility. I am very aware of this and I am well prepared for this task.”
It’s worth noting that Arsenal are set to face London rivals Chelsea at the Emirates on Sunday, which could be a huge chance for Elneny to debut. The Egyptian missed out on Stoke City last week as he was given time to observe the Premier League, according to Wenger.